The Centre for Labour Market Studies (CLMS) at the HSE was formed in 2001. Research interests of the Center are focused on the specifics of market functioning in transitional economies. The CLMS pays particular attention to the following problems:
- Evolution and differentiation of the remuneration of labour;
- Diversification of forms of employment as a mechanism for the adjustment of supply and demand in the labour market;
- Influence of the labour law on the functioning of the labour market;
- Changes in the pattern of demand for professions and qualifications;
- The educational system and the labour market;
HSE CLMS is one of the leading Russian centers in labour market studies. Its staff members regularly advise Russian ministries and governmental bodies as well as international economic organizations and employer associations.