Valery A. Kalyagin
- Department Head, Professor:HSE Branch in Nizhny Novgorod / Faculty of Business Informatics and Applied Mathematics / Department of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- Laboratory Head:HSE Branch in Nizhny Novgorod / Laboratory of Algorithms and Technologies for Networks Analysis
- Профессор:HSE Branch in Nizhny Novgorod / Faculty of Business Informatics and Applied Mathematics
- Academic Titles:Associate Professor (1992), Professor (1997)
- Programme Head of the Programme:Applied Mathematics and Informatics
- Programme Co-head of the Programme:Computational Linguistics
- Tenured Professor (2009)
- Valery A. Kalyagin has been at HSE since 1997.
Education and Degrees
Doctor of Sciences* in Real, Complex and Functional Analysis
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Candidate of Sciences* (PhD) in Real, Complex and Functional Analysis
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Lomonosov Moscow State University
Lobachevskiy Gorky State University
According to the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED) 2011, Candidate of Sciences belongs to ISCED level 8 - "doctoral or equivalent", together with PhD, DPhil, D.Lit, D.Sc, LL.D, Doctorate or similar. Candidate of Sciences allows its holders to reach the level of the Associate Professor.
A post-doctoral degree called Doctor of Sciences is given to reflect second advanced research qualifications or higher doctorates in ISCED 2011.
Area of expertise
mathematics, applied mathematics, computer sciences, constructive complex analysis (rational approximations), mathematical modelling, actuarial mathematics, probabilistic and statistical models
Editorship on academic journals
2010: Member of the Editorial Board, Бизнес-информатика.
Participation at International Conferences, talks
XVI International Conference "Optimization methods and Applications", June 30 – July 6, 2014, Olkhon, Irkutsk,
Title of the talk:
International Conference “Optimization Control and Applications in the Information Age”, June 15-20, 2014, Chalkidiki, Greece,
Title of the talk: Market Graph and Markowitz Model
Intenational Conference “Learning and Intelligent OptimizatioN (LION 8)”, 16-21 февраля, 2014, Университет Флориды, США,
Title of the talk: General Approach to Network Analysis of Statistical Data Sets
International Conference «Science of Future», St Petersburg, September 16-21, 2014.
Title of the talk: Identification of Network Structures in Statistical Data Sets
An International Symposium on Orthogonality, Quadrature and Related Topics, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife, Spain. January 20-24, 2014.
Title of the talk: On a numerical stability of modified Chebychev algorithm for multiple orthogonal polynomials and generalized Volterra lattice
International Conference on Orthogonal Polynomials, Integrable Systems and Their Applications, Shanghai Jiao Tong University and Shaoxing University, October 25-29, 2014 (ICOPISTA-2014),
Title of the talk: Discrete KP equation, generalized Volterra lattice and multiple orthogonal polynomials
International Conference “Complex Analysis and Related Topics”, St Petersburg, April 14-18, 2014,
Title of the talk: Asymptotics of sharp constants in Markov-Bernstein inequalities
- Chapter Kalyagin V. A., Koldanov A. P., Pardalos P. M. A General Approach to Network Analysis of Statistical Data Sets, in: Lecture Notes in Computer Science / Ed. by P. M. Pardalos, M. Resende, C. Vogiatzis, J. Walteros. Vol. 8426: Learning and Intelligent Optimization. Springer Verlag, 2014. P. 88-97.
- Article Kalyagin V.A., Koldanov A.P., Koldanov P.A., Pardalos P.M., Zamaraev V.A. Measures of uncertainty in market network analysis // Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 2014. Vol. 413. No. 1. P. 59-70.
- Book Models, Algorithms and Technologies for Network Analysis / Науч. ред.: M. V. Batsyn, V. A. Kalyagin, P. M. Pardalos. Vol. 104. L., NY, Dordrecht, Heidelberg : Springer, 2014.
- Article Kalyagin V. A., Koldanov P., Zamaraev V. A. Network Structure Ucertainty for Different Markets // Springer Optimization and Its Applications. 2014. Vol. 100. P. 181-197.
- Chapter Mikhail Batsyn, Valery Kalyagin. An Analytical Expression for the Distribution of the Sum of Random Variables with Mixed Uniform Density and Mass Function, in: Models, Algorithms, and Technologies for Network Analysis / Ed. by B. I. Goldengorin, V. A. Kalyagin, P. M. Pardalos. Issue 32. NY : Springer, 2013. Ch. 3. P. 51-63.
- Article Bautin G., Kalyagin V. A., Koldanov A. P. Comparative Analysis of Two Similarity Measures for the Market Graph Construction // Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics. 2013. Vol. 59. P. 29-41.
- Article Beckermann B., Kalyagin V., Matos A., Wielonsky F. Equilibrium Problems for Vector Potentials with Semidefinite Interaction Matrices and Constrained Masses // Constructive Approximation. 2013. Vol. 37. No. 1. P. 101-134.
- Book Models, Algorithms, and Technologies for Network Analysis / Ed. by B. I. Goldengorin, V. A. Kalyagin, P. M. Pardalos. Issue 32. NY : Springer, 2013. (in print)
- Book Models, Algorithms, and Technologies for Network Analysis / Ed. by Boris I. Goldengorin, Valery A. Kalyagin, Panos M. Pardalos. Vol. 59. NY : Springer, 2013.
- Article Kalyagin V. A., Koldanov A. P., Koldanov P.A., Pardalos P. M., Bautin G. A. Simple measure of similarity for the market graph construction // Computational Management Science. 2013. Vol. 10. No. 2-3. P. 105-124.
- Article Koldanov A. P., Kalyagin V. A., Koldanov P.A., Pardalos P. M. Statistical procedures for the market graph construction // Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. 2013. Vol. 68. P. 17-29.
- Article Beckermann B., Matos A., Wielonsky F., Kalyagin V. A. How well does the Hermite-Padé approximation smooth the Gibbs phenomenon? // Mathematics of Computation. 2011. Vol. 80. No. 274. P. 931-958.
- Article Batsyn M. V., Kalyagin V. A. Power Index Axiomatics in the Problem of Voting with Quota / Пер. с рус. // Automation and Remote Control. 2011. Vol. 72. No. 3. P. 600-614.
- Chapter Batsyn M. V., Kalyagin V. A. Default risk estimation in reinsurance contracts on the base of simulation model, in: History of accounting, buisness administration doctrines and development of new methods of management in Italy and Russia, 2010 / Ed. by S. Terzani, O. Kozyrev. Milan : Rirea, 2010. P. 8-20.
- Preprint Aleskerov F. T., Чистяков В. В., Kalyagin V. A. Многокритериальные пороговые алгоритмы принятия решений / Working papers by NRU Higher School of Economics. Series WP7 "Математические методы анализа решений в экономике, бизнесе и политике". 2010. No. 02.
- Article Kaliaguine V. A., Tulyakov D., Aptekarev A. I., Lysov V. Equilibrium of vector potentials and uniformization of the algebraic curves of genus 0 // Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 2009. Vol. 233. No. 3. P. 602-616.
- Article Kalyagin V. A., Saff E., Aptekarev A. I. Higher Order Three-Term Recurrences and Asymptotics of Multiple Orthogonal Polynomials // Constructive Approximation. 2009. Vol. 30. No. 2. P. 175-223.
- Article Kononova A., Kalyagin V. A. On Compact Perturbation of the Limit-Periodic Jacobi Operator // Mathematical Notes. 2009. Vol. 86. No. 6. P. 789-800.
- Article Chistyakov V. V., Kalyagin V. A. A model of noncompensatory aggregstion with an arbitrary collections of grades // Doklady Mathematics. 2008. Vol. 78. No. 1. P. 617-620.
- Article Aleskerov F. T., Роgоrеlskiу К., Kalyagin V. A. Actual voting power of the IMF members based on their political-economic intergration // Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2008. Vol. 48. P. 1554-1559.
- Article Роgоrеlskiу К., Kalyagin V. A., Aleskerov F. T. Power distribution analysis in the International Monetary Fund // Automation and Remote Control. 2008. No. 11. P. 1946-1952.
- Article Aptekarev A. I., Kalyagin V. A., Van Iseghem J. Geneticsum representation for the moments of the Stieltjes function and their application // Constructive Approximation. 2000. Vol. 16. P. 487-454.
- Article Draux A., Kalyagin V. A., Aptekarev A. I. On asymptotics of exact constants in the Markov-Bernstein inequalities in the weighted spaces of integrable functions with classical weight // Russian Mathematical Surveys. 2000. Vol. 55. No. 1. P. 173-174.
- Article Beckermann B., Kalyagin V. A. Diagonal of the Pade table and the approxiamation of the Weyl function of second order difference operator // Constructive Approximation. 1997. Vol. 13. P. 481-510.
- Article Kalyagin V. A. On a classical system of polynomials of simultaneous orthogonality // Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 1997. Vol. 67. P. 207-216.
- Article Aptekarev A. I., Kalyagin V. A., van Assche W. Criterion of the resolvent set of a non-symmetric tridiagonal operators // Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society. 1995. Vol. 123. No. 8. P. 2423-2430.
- Article Kalyagin V. A. Note on asymptotics of ortogonal polynomials on an arc // Journal of Approximation Theory. 1995. Vol. 80. P. 138-145.
Specialists from the HSE’s Nizhny Novgorod campus plan to create a new system of structuring data and accounting of webpages. The Laboratory of Algorithms and Technologies for Networks Analysis has won a grant from the Russian Science Foundation to study ‘Clustering and Search Techniques in Large Scale Networks.’