Undergraduate students at HSE come from all over Russia – and the world. What makes studying at HSE so special?
- Individualized education plans: Students can choose up to a third of the courses required for their majors, designing a course of study that closely corresponds with their interests and professional aspirations.
- Strong academic support: Academic mentors assist students in designing curricula and support them in their project work and research.
- Emphasis on experiential learning: Twenty percent of degree credits are earned through project work, enabling students to learn though “on-the-job” experiences that prepare them for employment after graduation.
- In-depth English language study: Our students have a superior command of English, allowing them to take English-taught classes at HSE and at partner universities through study abroad programs.
Parallel degree programmes are offered in economics and international relations, giving students the opportunity to earn undergraduate degrees from HSE and the University of London (with London School of Economics and Political Science serving as the lead college).
The Bachelor of Economics programme provides students with a broad education encompassing business, law, and public policy, while the Bachelor of International Relations program focuses on history, political science, economics, and foreign languages. Both prepare graduates for careers in a wide array of fields, including finance, politics, law, media, and international affairs.
HSE St. Petersburg offers three undergraduate programmes taught entirely in English.
How to Apply
Apply online using through the online application form.
Instructions on how to use the application form are available here.
Please note that applicants to undergraduate programmes at HSE must take entry exams. Depending on the programme, two of the following entry exams are required:
- Russian language (students who have taken the Test of Russian as a Foreign Language and have achieved level 1 can submit exam scores instead)
- English language
- Creative assessment
November 1, 2016 – June 1, 2017 online applications may be submitted; entry exams are held.
August 10 – 20, 2017 in-person entry exams for select candidates.
Deadline for submitting all supporting documents.
Deadline for signing agreements and enrollment forms.
Deadline for enrollment.
*Dates apply to Moscow programmes only.
Information about applying for HSE’s Russian-taught Bachelor’s programmes can be found here (in Russian). Our office is available to answer questions about the application process.
Scholarships for tuition-free study are available for HSE’s Russian-taught undergraduate programmes.
For international students who wish to first strengthen their language skills (and also for complete beginners), HSE’s Preparatory Year Course will prepare them to study at the university-level in Russian.