Introduction into General Theory of Relativity
- Students will learn basic concepts of the General Relativity Theory and its applications.
- Students will be able to solve basic standard problems of the General Relativity Theory.
- General Covariance
- Covariant differential and Riemann tensor
- Einstein-Hilbert action and Einstein equations
- Schwarzschild solution
- Penrose-Carter diagrams
- Classical tests of General Theory of Relativity
- Interior solution and Kerr's solution
- Collapse into black hole
- Gravitational waves
- Gravitational radiation
- Friedman-Robertson-Walker cosmology
- Cosmological solutions with non-zero cosmological constant
- Interim assessment (4 module)The final grade is computes as 0.5(homeworks)+0.5(final exam).
- Date, G. (2015). General Relativity : Basics and Beyond. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=906063
- Substance and function, and Einstein’s theory of relativity. (1923). Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.56C230A6