Основы международного бизнеса
- able to define and apply research methodology to the international business cases
- able to analyze, synthesize, discuss and draw conclusions concerning the global business environment
- able to apply ethical understanding and perspective to business situa
- Introduction / International BusinessStages of formation of management. Outstanding personalities and their achievements in the history of management. Scientific management. F. W. Taylor. Administrative school. A. Fayol. The Hawthorne experiment and its main conclusions. the concept of Mayo. Management practices. Modern management models. Management functions. Modern schools of management. Definition of organization. The logic of the emergence and functioning of organizations.
- Globalization and InternalizationBretton woods conference. International partnership. Trade barriers and protectionism. Management paradigm in the 21st century. Forms of international business. Trade balance. Balance of payments. Exchange rate. Foreign direct investment. World Bank index "Ease of doing business"
- The Global Trade and Investment Environment
- Managing in a Global Environment
- National Differences and Cross-cultural ManagementDefinition and theoretical foundations of organizational culture in the international organization. Cross-cultural management
- The Strategy and Structure of International BusinessAnalysis of the international business environment. Political and economic environment. Sociocultural environment. Risks in international business and methods of their analysis. External market selection criteria. Foreign market selection models. The sequence of access to foreign markets. Strategies access to foreign markets: export, intermediate and hierarchical. Advantages and disadvantages of different types of strategies. Development of the company's competitiveness in the international market. External and internal factors of choice of the external market. Segmentation of foreign markets. Segmentation criteria. Macro and microsegmentation. Assessment of market capacity. The choice of the target segment. Market expansion strategies. Types of foreign market penetration strategies. Factors of a choice of strategy of penetration. Analysis of transaction costs. Export strategies: direct, indirect and joint exports. Intermediate strategies: contract manufacturing, licensing, franchising, joint ventures. A hierarchical strategy.
- International Business Functions
- International Companies. Case StudiesModern challenges of international business. Prospects for the development of modern international business. Change control. Rate of change. Technological foundations of international business. The role of organizational culture in international business. Cases of international companies.
- in-class written test
- class activities, including case analyses, teamwork, presentations, assignments, etc
- home-work: course project “Games that business plays”