- The goal of the Marketing course is to study the elements of an effective organisation of the enterprise’ total marketing effort. These classes will broaden the students’ comprehension of marketing concept and function. Class topics include studying marketing processes and activities, understanding of the marketing mix, consumer behavior, and the role of marketing communications in strategy execution. In this class, practical skills development that can be applied by students is emphasised. It is expected that the obtained knowledge will help students to plan and build their careers in management successfully.
- to develop an understanding of how the marketing function is implemented in the organisation;
- to build a knowledge how to analyse markets, to identify market opportunities and to define target market;
- to develop an expertise for planning the marketing department structure according to the strategic goal of the organisation;
- to obtain a skill to apply market segmentation, targeting, and product/service positioning
- to recognise a target customer base and to plan a winning marketing strategy for the target market;
- to build a skill to for successful negotiations, communication, and collaboration and with third-party agencies, sales channels, distributors and ultimate consumers.
- Introduction to marketingMarketing Defined. The social function of Marketing. The concept of value. Marketing musts. The notion of Marketing mix. ‘Magic’ Marketing formulae. Marketing evolution and its conceptual historical retrospective. The future of marketing. Marketing and sustainable development. The dark side of Marketing. Business ethics and Marketing.
- Marketing EnvironmentWhat does the notion of ‘Market’ mean? GDP and macro-environment. Determining Business Circle. Market trends. External and internal marketing environment. PEESTLE, GAP, SWOT, 5 Porter’s Competitive Forces, Porter’s business survival curve approaches to marketing environment analysis.
- Marketing StrategyThe definition of Marketing strategy and its position in business strategy of organisation. Strategic planning and its importance for marketing. Total quality approach to marketing strategy. Variety of strategic plans. Strategic planning process phases defined and depicted..
- Market ResearchNature of market research. Why market research is important. Research objectives. Primary and secondary information and their sources. Data collection methods. Quantitative and qualitative types of research. MIS (marketing information systems). Statistical data analyses methods used in Market research. Technological advances and market research. Big Data and Data Science application to market research. Digital marketing and online analytics. Data driven Marketing. Market research planning and execution.
- Segmentation and TargetingSTP approach to strategic Marketing. Characteristics of segmentation. Choosing a target market. Choosing the way of positioning. Market differentiation. Strategic approaches to strategic Marketing: mass, concentrated, selective Marketing
- Marketing PlanningMarket plan structure. Marketing budgeting. Media planning. Marketing audit.
- Marketing CommunicationsIntegrated marketing communications. Specifics of advertising, public relations, personal selling, and sales promotion. AIDA model. Channel of communication and its functions. Critical components of a successful plan.
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)Final Grade Score = .2xSeminar Work + .2xHomework + .2xOnline Class + .4xExam
- Kotler, P. T., & Armstrong, G. (2017). Principles of Marketing, Global Edition (Vol. 17th). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1594475
- Peterson, R. (2007). Principles of Marketing. Delhi: Global Media. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=233413