Компьютерные измерительные технологии
Статус: Курс по выбору (Инжиниринг в электронике)
Направление: 11.04.04. Электроника и наноэлектроника
Кто читает: Департамент электронной инженерии
Когда читается: 1-й курс, 2-4 модуль
Формат изучения: Full time
Преподаватели: Красивская Мария Игоревна
Прогр. обучения: Инжиниринг в электронике
The course “Computer-based Measurement Technologies” is based on “Metrology” and “Informatics” courses. The knowledge and skills gained through mastering the course can be used for the work on an interdisciplinary term paper and a thesis.
- The course aims at forming and developing knowledge and practical skills for design and application of modern computer-based measurement technologies for solving various engineering tasks. As a result, students gain competencies:
- ability to present a modern scientific world-picture, identify the natural science essence of problems, determine ways to solve them and evaluate the effectiveness of the choice made;
- ability to develop and apply specialized mathematical software to solve engineering problems;
- ability to use the physics and mathematics to develop methods and conduct theoretical and experimental studies of electronic products, interpret and present their results;
- ability to organize and conduct experimental research based on information-measuring systems using modern means and methods;
- ability to develop mathematical models, and research processes and products of electronic equipment, develop and apply specialized mathematical software for research and solving engineering problems.
- Knowledge: basic interpretations of the terms “measurement”, “measurement technologies”, “virtual measuring instrument”; main trends of modern measurement technologies; computer-based measurement technologies (CMT) background, purpose and advantages.
- Skills: identification of the professional engineering problems of measuring kind, which to be solved by CMT; analysis and generalization of CMT trends and solutions.
- Knowledge: basic features of measuring systems; measuring system components; main requirements for measuring system modules; various aspects of compatibility in measuring systems; differences in measuring system design approaches; standard interfaces of measuring systems.
- Skills: the reasoned selection of approaches, hardware and interfaces for organizing and performing of experimental research; qualified CMT hardware implementing for research purposes; structure design and well-founded selection of measuring system components for applied task solving.
- Knowledge: general tasks solved by CMT software; CMT software requirements and choice criteria; CMT software market leaders and their key products; general classes of CMT software; main CMT application software development tools; NI LabVIEW development environment.
- Skills: the reasoned selection of CMT software components necessary for experimental research; the reasoned selection of comprehensive solutions of engineering problems using modern CMT software tools; qualified interpretation applied software algorithm descriptions; application software-realized measurement information processing methods for experimental research; CMT application for processes and equipment simulation.
- Knowledge: main interfaces for stand-alone instruments systems; features, advantages, disadvantages and application fields of various interfaces; measuring system operating procedures.
- Skills: the reasoned selection of appropriate interface for building stand-alone instrument measuring system; instrument interface connection testing; implementing of software tools for working with instruments within a measuring system; software development for remote controlling of measuring instruments through standard interfaces.
- Knowledge: main interfaces for modular instrument systems; design and main components of modular measuring systems; features, advantages, disadvantages and application fields of various modular platforms.
- Skills: the reasoned selection of appropriate software-hardware modular platform for building measuring system; structure design and modeling of modular measuring system.
- Knowledge: main CMT development challenges and possible ways of their solution; purpose and features of the LXI interface; system architecture, possible form factors of LXI equipment; advantages and applications of LXI; various ways to organize remote network access to measuring systems or devices.
- Skills: organizing remote network access to measuring instruments, system or its components; testing of LXI-connected measuring system; using and development software tools to work with measuring instruments connected through LAN.
- Knowledge: general structure, components and features of data acquisition (DAQ) systems; main elements and parameters of analog input, analog output, digital input / output, timing input / output channels; basic ways to synchronize DAQ tasks; structure and main components of DAQ software.
- Skills: the reasoned selection of DAQ system components for applied tasks solution; the reasoned and correct selection of input / output channels parameters; selection and implementing of appropriate software tools to create measuring channels; development DAQ software applications to solve various measurement tasks.
- Knowledge: market leaders of test and measurement (T&M) industry; main fields and key CMT products of leading vendors.
- Skills: forming an actual state-of-art picture of the T&M industry; recognizing prospective and effective ways and products for solving professional tasks using modern measuring technologies; analyzing and generalizing information on the T&M industry, its key companies, products and trends.
- Introduction to Computer-based Measurement TechnologiesMeasurement – the term interpretations. Measurement technologies definition. Main trends of modern measurement technologies. Computer-based measurement technologies (CMT) background. CMT purpose and advantages. CMT application fields. CMT basis. Virtual measuring instruments. Virtual instrumentation technology.
- CMT HardwareMeasuring system and its components. Measuring channel. Requirements for measuring system modules. Compatibility in measuring systems. Measuring system design approaches. Stand-alone instrument measuring systems, modular systems and hybrid systems. Standard interfaces of measuring systems: classification and overlook.
- CMT SoftwareCMT software tasks. Software for measuring systems: requirements. CMT software choice criteria. CMT software market leaders and their products. Test management software. Software development environments and tools. Universal development tools. Specialized CMT development tools. NI LabVIEW technologies. Base CMT software. Instrument drivers. Virtual Instrument Software Architecture (VISA).
- Stand-alone instruments interfacesIEEE-488 (GPIB) interface. Main features and characteristics. System configuration. Bus structure. Measuring system operating procedures. RS-XXX serial interfaces. RS-232, RS-422, RS-423, RS-485 interfaces: Characteristics, features, advantages and disadvantages. The interfaces comparison.
- Interfaces for Modular SystemsVME and VXI interfaces. Purpose, main characteristics and constructive features. Main components of VXI general system framework. VXI Standards. CompactPCI, PXI and PXIe interfaces. Purpose, hardware, features, benefits, development, applications. ATCA and AXIe interfaces. Hardware, features, interfaces, benefits, development, applications.
- CMT Network TechnologiesCMT development challenges and possible ways of their solution. LXI interface. Purpose and features. System architecture. LXI equipment form factors. Instruments design, connections, functions, characteristics, benefits and applications.
- Data Acquisition TechnologiesDAQ-based measuring systems. General structure, hardware components and features of data acquisition (DAQ) systems. DAQ devices. Form factor, components, interfaces, functions. DAQmx software. Channels, tasks, software instruments. Error sources.
- CMT Leading VendorsTest & Measurement industry (T&M) market leaders. Main fields of work and key CMT products of leading vendors. Technological trends of the T&M industry.
- Mini-testThe total score for all mini-tests, defined as the arithmetic mean of grades for individual mini-tests. Each mini-test is small (not more than 5 tasks, 10-15 minutes) test on previous classes contents.
- Practice Assessment
- ReportReport – a written paper in a form of a review of foreign and Russian sources on topical issues of computer-based measurement technologies; several sources are recommended by the lecturer, some are selected by students; the work is to be prepared in self-study hours. Written review, about 10-15 pages. Deadline: last week of the 3rd module.
- ProjectAn applied project related to the development of a prototype, model or simulation of measuring system or instrument, or software component of measuring system; the project is to be prepared in self-study hours; consultations and hours for working in the laboratory are provided if necessary; interim and final results are assessed.
- ExamFormat: oral exam. Number of questions in a question paper: 2, additional questions: not more than 3. Time for preparation: 40 minutes.
- Промежуточная аттестация (4 модуль)0.25 * Exam + 0.2 * Mini-test + 0.25 * Practice Assessment + 0.2 * Project + 0.1 * Report
- - Блюм П. — LabVIEW: стиль программирования - Издательство "ДМК Пресс" - 2010 - ISBN: 978-5-94074-444-3 - Текст электронный // ЭБС Лань - URL: https://e.lanbook.com/book/1094
- - Трэвис Дж., Кринг Дж. — LabVIEW для всех - Издательство "ДМК Пресс" - 2011 - ISBN: 978-5-94074-674-4 - Текст электронный // ЭБС Лань - URL: https://e.lanbook.com/book/1100
- Yang, Y. LabVIEW graphical programming cookbook. Packt Publishing Ltd, 2014, p. 272.
- Alan S. Morris, Reza Langari. Measurement and instrumentation: theory and application. Academic Press, 2015, p. 727.
- Nawrocki, W. Measurement systems and sensors. Artech House. 2005. p. 338.
- Sumathi, Sai, P. Surekha, and P. Surekha. LabVIEW based advanced instrumentation systems. Vol. 728. Berlin: Springer, 2007.