Социо-политические процессы на Ближнем Востоке
- The course will focus on examining and discussing models of socio-economic development, resource potential of the region, as well as important contemporary issues in individual countries and cases.
- Construct generalizations and interpretations that demonstrate a knowledge of historical eras, political and economical change over time, and key concepts in the regional and international politics of the modern Middle East.
- Communicate their knowledge of contemporary sociopolitical processes in the Middle East in reasoned arguments supported by evidence and an appreciation of multiple causes, effects, and perspectives.
- Locate, identify, and acknowledge multiple points of view in sources of interpretations of regional affairs.
- Connect their knowledge of historical events and topics to a broader context (historical, political, global, or with contemporary life and issues).
- Organize project activities in the field of humanities and social sciences.
- Introduction. Defining the Geographical and Chronological Boundaries of the Modern Middle East.
- Political Islam and the Iranian (Islamic) Revolution of 1979.
- The Role of the Sunni – Shia Divide in the Modern Middle East: Is It Over/Under-Estimated?
- Oil, Islamic Economy and the Challenges of Rentier States.
- Regional Integration in the Middle East: the Case of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
- Demographic Processes, Migrations and Job Markets in the Middle East.
- Water Resources in the Middle East.
- The Middle East in the World Economy.
- Forms of Political Leadership, Authoritarianism, Monarchies and Elected Populists.
- Russia and the Modern Middle East.
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.3 * Class attendance and seminar participation + 0.4 * Exam + 0.1 * Mid-term quiz + 0.2 * Presentation
- International relations of the Middle East / Louise Fawcett. (2005). Oxford [u.a.]: Oxford University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.108313514
- Cleveland, W. L., & Bunton, M. P. (2017). A History of the Modern Middle East (Vol. Sixth edition). Boulder, CO: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1286707