Языковая политика и языковое планирование
- Students will be guided towards in-depth reading on the topics and given the opportunity to develop their the skills of analysis and synthesis of theoretical and methodological issues. Students will also be equipped with the core analytical skills necessary to engage in research on language planning and policy, including data collection, analysis and presentation. By the end of the course, students will be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the main issues in language policy and planning, and an understanding of the complex factors that go into language planning decisions at local, national and international levels.
- The concept of language policy. Types of language policy vs. types of sociolinguistic situation in the speech community. Language policy and language planning.The concept of language policy. Types of language policy vs. types of sociolinguistic situation in the speech community. The need for identity and the need for mutual understanding. Types and theories of language planning. The steps and procedures involved in language planning. Factors affecting language planning. Minorities as a linguistic problem. The ways of solving the problem of linguistic minorities in the process of language planning.
- Globalization from a linguistic point of view. Language shift. Linguistic imperialism.Globalization from a linguistic point of view. Mono-, multi- and globlinguism as possible sociolinguistic models of language coexistence. The impact of globalization on the situation in the Russian Federation. "Collective language choice". Saving language. Language shift. Disappearing languages. The rate of language shift. The reasons for the shift. Catastrophic shift. Language death (on the example of the Far North). Methods of expert assessment. Breaking the linguistic tradition: "generation fracture". The concept of group semi-lingualism. "Red Book of Languages of Russia". The consequences of reducing the number of languages. Loss of languages and loss of cultures. Unique languages and unique cultural phenomena. The concept of linguistic diversity. Nonlinearity of language death processes. Resilience of languages. Reasons for the sustainability of languages.
- The history of language policy in Russia. Post-soviet language policy. Russian language abroad and in the former Soviet republics and in the Russian Federation. Language policy abroad.Language policy in Russia before the 1917 revolution. Language policy and language planning in the USSR in the 1920–1930s. Language policy in the USSR at the end of the 1930s – 1991 Post-soviet language policy. Russian language abroad and in the former Soviet republics. The status of the Russian language. State Federal program "Russian language".
- National and international law in the field of language policy.State languages. The laws on language. Regulation of the linguistic situation. Legal issues of regulating the relationship of languages on one or adjacent territories within the state. Language conflicts. Monolingual policy. Regional languages. The problem of the survival of autochthonous languages. Language rights of national minorities.
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.3 * домашнее задание + 0.3 * презентации + 0.2 * самостоятельная работа + 0.2 * тест
- Language Planning and Policy in Africa. Vol. 1: Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique and South Africa [Электронный ресурс] / ed. by Richard B. Baldauf-Jr, Robert B. Kaplan; БД ebrary. – Clevedon: Buffalo: Toronto: Multilingual Matters Ltd, 2004. – 282 p. – Режим доступа: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=214066&query=language+policy.