- to develop students' professional skills required for independent analytical work in applied fields of the computer science
- to improve skills of students in writing their scientific texts and preparing of their presentation at scientific events or on defense of the master's thesis
- be able to adequately analyze and evaluate scientific activity
- be able to prepare a presentation based on a scientific text and its analysis and take part in a scientific discussion on the topic of the article
- to have the skills of working in MS PowerPoint/LaTeX layout system and forming the list of bibliographies according to given rules
- be able to write a review on a scientific event;
- to have basic knowledge on Computer Science topics
- Applied tasks of Computer ScienceStudents should make a presentation in English on a scientific article with relevant theme to specialization of training. The report should consist of the following parts: 1) the formulation of the objectives of the study; 2) informative step-by-step review of the article; 3) analysis of the results presented in the article and their values (comparative analysis with other existing solutions); 4) your opinion about the relevance of the task and its further development.
- ReviewingStudents should participate in at least three scientific events (colloquium, workshop, conference ant etc.) and write three review on them.
- PresentationThe current control includes one presentation during the first-second modules based on state-of-the-art article about applied computer science task. The article volume should be no less 6 pages.
- Review 1Students should participate in at least three scientific events (colloquium, workshop, conference ant etc.) and write three review on them.
- Review 2Students should participate in at least three scientific events (colloquium, workshop, conference ant etc.) and write three review on them.
- Review 3
- TestTest assignment is meant to verify students’ involvement in the Project seminar by verifying their knowledge of basic Computer Science concepts, which were discussed during students’ presentation at Project seminar, and is used as discount factor for grade on Presentation for those who fail to meet satisfactory requirements for the Test.
- Interim assessment (4 module)The final mark is evaluated into account of test grade: О_final= 0.55·q·О_pr +0.45·(О_rev1+ О_rev2+ О_rev3)/3, where discount factor q=1, if test grade О_test ≥ 4 (out of 10), or q = О_test/10, otherwise. Example: О_test= 2.5 -> q = 0.25 and О_final= 0.55·0.25·О_pr +0.45·(О_rev1+ О_rev2+ О_rev3)/3
- Гаранин, С.Н. Выступления, презентации и доклады на английском языке [Электронный ресурс] / С.Н Гаранин. - М.: МГАВТ, 2015. - 36 с. - Режим доступа: http://new.znanium.com/catalog.php?bookinfo=522529
- Hirsch, E. et al. (ed.). Computer Science - Theory and Applications: 7th International Computer Science Symposium in Russia, CSR 2012, Niszhny Novgorod, Russia, July 3-7, 2012, Proceedings. – Springer, 2012. – Vol. 7353.