Статус: Курс адаптационный (Когнитивные науки и технологии: от нейрона к познанию)
Направление: 37.04.01. Психология
Где читается: Институт когнитивных нейронаук
Когда читается: 1-й курс, 1, 2 модуль
Формат изучения: Full time
Преподаватели: Фроленков Дмитрий Андреевич
Прогр. обучения: Когнитивные науки и технологии: от нейрона к познанию
The course covers basic definitions and methods of calculus. This course, together with other mathematical courses, provides sufficient condition for students to be ready to participate in quantitative and computational modeling at the Master's Program "Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition". Students study the theory and applications of continuous functions their derivatives and integrals; solve optimization and approximation problems; study complex numbers and Fourier series as well as some basic material of the theory of differential equations.
- know basic skills to start quantitative and computational modeling
- know basic principles of calculus
- The students should understand the definition of sequence and its limit. The students should be able to evaluate limit of a sequence.
- Students should be able to detect composition of functions and to find the inverse function.
- Students should be able to evaluate limit of a function and to check if a function is continious or not
- Students should be able to evaluate derivatives of complicated functions
- Students should be able to find critical points of a function, to find segment where it is increasing (decreasing), to find maximum (minimum) of a function
- The students should be able to prove basic properties of elementary functions using derivatives
- The students should know basic properties of trigonometric and exponential functions. The students should know basic properties of logarithm
- Stiudents should be able to evaluate differnt difficult limits using L'hopital rule
- Students should be able to expand a function in Taylor series. Students should be able to evaluate limits using Taylor series
- Students should be able to sketch graph of a function based on the analysis of this function via derivatives
- Students should be able to expand periodic functions in Fourier series.
- Students should be able to solve linear differential equations and separable differential equations.
- Students should be able to evaluate different integrals using integration by parts or the change of variable.
- Students should be able to rewrite the area under the curve as a definite integral. Students should be able to evaluate indefinite integrals of elementary functions.
- Sequences. Limit of sequence.The definition of sequence and its limit is discussed.
- Functions of one variableDefinition of function, composition of functions, inverse function
- The Limit of a function. Continious functionsDefinition and basic properties of limit of a function. Definition and properties of continious functions.
- Elementary functionsbasic properties of powers, trigonometric functions, exponential and logarithm
- Introduction to Derivatives.The definition of derivative. Basic properties of derivatives.
- More DerivativesDerivative of composition of functions, derivative of inverse function, higher order derivatives
- Calculus of elementary functionsInvestigation elementary functions using derivatives
- Application of derivativesAnalyzing the behaviour of a function using derivatives
- Graph sketchingSketching graphs of functions
- L'hopital ruleInvestigation of L'hopital rule for evaluating limits
- Taylor seriesInvestigation of Taylor series of different functions . Evaluation limits using Taylor series
- Introduction to integralsDefinition of indefinite and definite integrals. Area under the curve as a definite integral. Indefinite integrals of elementary functions.
- Evaluation of integralsIntegration by parts and change of variable.
- Introduction to differentail equationsLinear differential equations. Separable equations
- Introduction to Fourier analysisFourier series expansion of periodic functions
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.25 * test (контрольная) + 0.25 * test (контрольная) + 0.5 * Written exam (письменный экзамен)