Научно-исследовательский семинар "Инструменты исследований в стратегическом менеджменте"
- The course aims to provide students with the outstanding knowledge and skills necessary for the research project planning, execution and further evaluation of research results in the field of strategic management. It aims to develop knowledge and competencies in two main areas: the specific research and analytical work in strategic management, as well as the development of practical research skills to conduct research projects that will help to prepare a master thesis. The course focuses on planning and designing research projects, data collection, proposing and testing hypotheses, reporting; the use of econometrics and other quantitative measurements in the research topics related to strategic management. The objective of learning the “Research Instruments in Strategic Management” is the acquisition of skills to develop and execute qualitative and quantitative research projects in strategic management.
- Be able to design a research project and select appropriate research methods
- Be able to identify proper research problems in the context of modern trends in strategic management
- Be able to collect primary and/or secondary data
- Be able to analyze data using statistical methods and tools
- Be able to draw correct conclusions
- Be able to write research proposals
- Management research methods fundamentalsThe nature, value and role of research in strategic management. Research philosophy. Research approach. Research strategy. Research design. Research instruments. Types of research. Research process. Identification of necessary resources and timelines. Characteristics of correctly and properly conducted research. Scientific method in research. Rules and algorithm of identifying problems for research. The concept of the construct and theoretical research. Concept of hypothesis and its implications for research process. Sources of formulating hypotheses. Types of hypotheses.
- Introduction to qualitative research methodsUnits of measurement. Types of scales and factors determining their choice. Field research. The concept of sample and population. Types of sampling. Sample determining algorithm. Factors that determine validity of a sample. Types of data. Information sources. Data collection. Data collection tools. Data coding Introduction to Google Forms. Designing a questionnaire. Pilot study. Interviews. Case study.
- Introduction to quantitative research methodsMethods of data processing. Differences in the analysis of secondary and primary data. The rationale for selecting the method of data analysis. The confidence intervals. Data analysis tools. Variables types. Hypothesis testing. Regression analysis. Multiple linear regression. Correlation and causality. Autocorrelation. Heteroscedasticity. Multicollinearity. Endogeneity. Structural equation modeling. Moderation. Mediation. Introduction to Stata.
- Introduction to SPSSGeneral linear models. Main effects. Interaction effects. R-squared. Univariate ANOVA.
- Introduction to PythonData mining. Parsing. Scraping. General linear models. Main effects. Interaction effects. R-squared. Univariate ANOVA.
- Case study presentation during the Research Seminar in Voronovo
- Research Proposal
- Online test
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.2 * Case study presentation during the Research Seminar in Voronovo + 0.4 * Online test + 0.4 * Research Proposal
- Cinici, M. C., Dagnino, G. B., & Cinici, M. C. (2016). Research Methods for Strategic Management. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1089808
- Information Resources Management Association. (2015). Research Methods : Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=907731
- Ng, W., & Coakes, E. (2013). Business Research : Enjoy Creating, Developing and Writing Your Business Project. London: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=653155
- Saunders, M., & Lewis, P. (2012). Doing Research in Business and Management : An Essential Guide to Planning Your Project. Harlow: Financial Times/ Prentice Hall. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1418659