Статус: Курс по выбору (Мировая экономика)
Направление: 38.03.01. Экономика
Кто читает: Департамент мировой экономики
Где читается: Факультет мировой экономики и мировой политики
Когда читается: 3-й курс, 3, 4 модуль
Формат изучения: Full time
Преподаватели: Карпова Наталия Станиславовна
The course provides knowledge of the basic theoretical approaches and major practical instruments of international marketing, gives its understanding as an important form of international business activities, integral element of corporate management systems, as well as dynamic leverage of market processes in world economy. Marketing is the business function that deals with customers' needs and wants. The role of international marketing/management is give better understanding of customer requirements and expectations worldwide, to offer appropriate products and services, as well as design and implement appropriate methods to communicate, to deliver, and to sell desirable goods. Accordingly, the course build up a broad view of business environment, modern trends and changes on international markets, as well as shifts in world competition and leadership grounded by business cases and relevant data. Course format combines lectures, take-home in-depth analysis and research projects, as well as seminars focused on discussions and students’ in-class presentations. The course is open to foreign exchange students.
- To make overview of business environment, as well as main actors, stakeholders and motives of company market activities
- To understand core principles, ideas and instruments of international marketing
- To make overview of main actors, stakeholders and motives of international companies (mainly, MNCs and TNCs) activities in global environment
- To understand core principles, ideas and instruments of international business
- Build up and stimulate an interest to the course and knowledge-formation process;
- Identify the main processes and trends taking place in global environment
- Stimulate self-work (cabinet and field studies) for in-depth understanding of the course material
- Provide an advice on the search in Internet of the most reliable, respectful and knowledgebased websites,web-pages and video-recourses
- Coach and consult students in research projects
- Motivate for excellent results of research projects and its presentations in-class
- To enhance problem-solving skills in marketing by offering a set of analytical tools (i.e., frameworks, concepts, models, and techniques).
- To give understanding of marketing activities in different branches and sectors
- The World of International Company: External and Internal Business Environment. Actors and Stakeholders. Mission and Vision.
- Digital Marketing
- Social Media and Social Networks Marketing.
- Evolution of Marketing Concepts and Practices. Prerequisites for Marketing Thinking. Essential Ideas, Theories and Pioneer Theoreticians.
- Principles of Marketing. Marketing in Management Context. System of Marketing Functions.
- Analytical Function in Marketing. Understanding of Consumer Behavior. Requirements and Attributes. Segmentation and Targeting
- Instrument of Market Research. Cabinet and Field Studies.
- Product Policy. Role of Market-Oriented Production. Product Portfolio.
- Product Life Cycle. New Product Development
- Consuming Power. Pricing Strategies.
- Sales Channels and Distribution. Marketing Communications. Advertising and Public Relations.
- Brands and Brand-Building. Core Business of Positioning.
- Class attendance and participation (неблокирующий)
- Research project (essay) (неблокирующий)
- Final examination/assessment (неблокирующий)
- Промежуточная аттестация (4 модуль)0.58 * Class attendance and participation + 0.42 * Research project (essay)
- Keys to Management, 224 p., Cotton, D., ISBN: 978-0-175-55825-4, 2008
- Marketing : an introduction, Armstrong G., Kotler P., ISBN: 978-0-13-127312-2, 2005
- Marketing : an introduction, Armstrong G., Kotler P., ISBN: 978-0-273-76718-3, 2013
- Principles of marketing, Kotler P., Armstrong G., ISBN: 0-13-146918-5, 2006
- Principles of marketing, Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Opresnik, M. O., ISBN: 9781292220178, 2018
- Global marketing, Keegan W. J., Green M. C., ISBN: 978-0-273-76671-1, 2013
- Market-Driven Management : Strategic and Operational Marketing, 3rd ed., 590 p., Lambin, J.-J., Schuiling, I., ISBN: 978-0-230-27602-4, 2012