Английский язык для деловых переговоров. Английский язык продвинутый
- This 300 level course is designed to improve students’ ability to conduct business negotiations in English. Extensive reading will be required to prepare for Case Study debates and some writing may also be required in the form of post-meeting reports. The class will require students to become familiar with specific business terminology, speech acts (set phrases used in specific contexts) and how to speak formally in a register common to business situations.
- Students will learn the specific vocabulary, grammar speech patterns and language register required to conduct a successful business negotiation in English.
- Students will improve their general oral fluency and critical thinking skills in discussions about these topics.
- Students will prepare for case study negotiations through reading presented in course books.
- Students will learn to synthesize class discussions and other media presentations and incorporate these ideas into their writing or presentations.
- Current Trends
- Controversial Issues
- Final Project
- Final TestThe midterm will consist of a vocabulary, grammar and speech acts covered in the class, as well as an essay about a case study or general business negotiating strategy
- MidtermThe midterm will consist of a vocabulary, grammar and speech acts covered in the class, as well as an essay about a case study or general business negotiating strategy
- Quizs and HW
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.2 * Final Project + 0.1 * Final Test + 0.1 * Midterm + 0.3 * Participation + 0.3 * Quizs and HW
- Giffin, J., & Willis, L. (2005). Business English News Sources: Advanced ESP Reading Skills. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.44906877
- Dignen, B., & McMaster, I. (2016). ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS : 100 Tips for Effective Communication. Planegg: Spotlight Verlag GmbH. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1242776