Статус: Курс обязательный (Управление в сфере науки, технологий и инноваций)
Направление: 38.04.02. Менеджмент
Кто читает: Департамент образовательных программ
Где читается: Институт статистических исследований и экономики знаний
Когда читается: 1-й курс, 4 модуль
Формат изучения: Full time
Прогр. обучения: Управление в сфере науки, технологий и инноваций
Foresight is the Art and Science of anticipating and shaping the future. It is the first and key step of innovation in a fast changing world. A number of international organizations, national and regional governments as well as leading corporations have used Foresight to monitor trends, uncertainties, weak signals and wild cards; explore alternative futures under complexity and uncertainty; build future visions; identify key scientific and technological areas; develop new products and services; and recommend policies and strategies. This course aims to theoretical background as well as quantitative and qualitative methods like horizon scanning, big data analysis, scenario planning, prioritization, Delphi surveys, strategic and technological roadmaps among the others. The course will involve practical and hands on sessions to allow students to gain practical experience by ‘learning by doing’.
- This course aims to provide an overview of Foresight and Strategic Planning. The course introduces several key approaches used both in Foresight and Strategic Planning in a complementary stance, including methods for scanning environments, identifying trends and drivers of change with weak signals and wild cards, developing future scenarios and visions and making long, medium and short term strategic plans for identifying priorities and actions. During the course, innovative ways of decision-making and STI policy formulation; STI strategy- and priority-setting; and cooperation and networking with stakeholders will be introduced. Through seminars, students will also be provided with practical experience in designing Foresight and Strategic Planning processes for public and private organizations.
- Ability to build necessary theory, argumentation and practice of using Foresight and Strategic planning at the national, regional and corporate levels
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative approaches, processes and methods in a practical case study
- Introduction to the courseBasic guidelines and requirements of the course. Schedule and deadlines. Academic control. Criteria for written papers evaluation.
- Background, rationales and key concepts for Foresight and Strategic PlanningIntroduction to Foresight and Strategic Planning. Rationales of Foresight and Strategic Planning. Key concepts and approaches in Foresight and Strategic Planning.
- Objectives and Processes of Foresight and Strategic PlanningUses of Foresight and Strategic Planning. Foresight in the STI policy processes. Strategic Planning in corporate management processes. Key functions and roles of Foresight and Strategic Planning.
- Quantitative and Qualitative methods for Foresight and Strategic PlanningMethodology for STI Policy Foresight and Strategic Planning. Key quantitative and qualitative methods for Foresight and Strategic Planning.
- Gathering Intelligence for emerging trends, technologies and marketsCompetitive, technology and market intelligence and trend monitoring. Identification of emerging and disruptive technologies. Planning for emerging technologies.
- Planning alternative futures and scenariosProcesses of scenario planning and vision development. Case examples on selected scenarios and vision building processes. Positioning of scenarios in STI strategy and policy making processes.
- Priority setting and strategy developmentAssessment and prioritization of alternative STI strategies. Approaches and methods used for the prioritization process. Roadmapping for action plan development.
- Generating outputs and outcomes from Foresight and Strategic PlanningGenerating outputs and outcomes of Foresight and Strategic Planning. Evaluating Foresight and Strategic Planning studies.
- Linking Foresight and Strategic Planning to Policies and ActionsLinking Foresight to decisions, strategies and policies. Embedding Foresight and Strategic Planning in organisations. Creating a culture of Foresight and Strategic Planning.
- Final control (неблокирующий)
- Presentation (неблокирующий)
- Home Assignment (неблокирующий)