Аналитика сотрудников: прогнозы результативности и эффективная политика управления
Статус: Курс по выбору (Менеджмент и аналитика для бизнеса)
Направление: 38.04.02. Менеджмент
Кто читает: Департамент менеджмента
Где читается: Санкт-Петербургская школа экономики и менеджмента
Когда читается: 2-й курс, 1, 2 модуль
Формат изучения: Full time
Преподаватели: Волкова Наталья Владимировна
Прогр. обучения: Менеджмент и аналитика для бизнеса
The focus of this course, which is based on practical approaches, is on effective People Analytics and how companies can create business value from their Big Data assets. Mainly, the course outlines how to inject data analytics at every stage of the talent management process, from talent acquisition through retention. Throughout the course, seven stages of People Analytics Success in the context of Big Data will be considered, providing examples for each stage to help illustrate the key concepts to effective People Analytics.
- Develop high-impact People Analytics in order to generate business value from the Big Data and little data available to the organization.
- Identify types of people analytics used in a company.
- Obtain valuable people analytics to improve the efficiency of workforce planning, hiring, placing and retaining the best employees.
- Choose relevant data science methods for specific problems in human resource (HR) management.
- Analyze outcomes of HR practices and identify their effects on both the staff members’ attitudes toward the company and the organizational performance.
- Explain how data-driven decision-making affects organizational performance and HR practices.
- Able to reflect (evaluate and process) obtained scientific and work methods
- Able to identify the data required for the solution of research tasks in management; to gather data from both the field research and desk research as well as from the social and economic sources
- Able to choose tools, modern technical means and information technologies to process information for the assigned scientific task in management
- Able to analyze findings and explain obtained results for the assigned scientific task in management
- Able to present the results of the study in various forms, such as a report, an article or a presentation.
- Able to work out the organizational development programs and put them into practice.
- Able to develop his/her intellectual and cultural level, build a trajectory of career development
- Able to prepare and manage the consultancy project.
- Introduction to People AnalyticsWhat is analytics? The skills gap in the labor market. Data types. Four levels of people analytics. Analytic capabilities. The seven stages of people analytics success. Typical applications of people analytics in human resource field. Ethics and other considerations.Learning objectives for the seminar: Discuss four major challenges in people analytics. Talk about preparing for an analytics unit of a particular company. Identify steps taken to reorganize the analytics unit within an HR department to make its output more useful to business leaders.
- Workforce Planning AnalyticsWhat is workforce planning? Workforce diversity and inclusion. Key components of workforce planning analytics. Turning data into information. Workforce optimization. Hard-to-fill position analysis. Financial benefits of workforce analytics.Learning objectives for the seminar: Discuss data sources for HR reports. Practice to include measures of efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes for the chosen company. Case study - Predicting Employee Turnover.
- Talent Sourcing AnalyticsWhat is talent sourcing? Digital evolution of the workforce. Metrics and statistical applications. Job seekers decision stages. Big Data analytics on job postings. Social Media sourcing. Mobile sourcing matters. Optimizing sourcing channels. Learning objectives for the seminar: Consider various recruitment channels under the digital evolution of the workforce. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of recruitment channels and identify the most relevant sources for the chosen company. Case study – Diversity Analytics.
- Analytical Performance Management.What are performance measures and methods? Team and individual performance measures. Performance incentives and promotion. Predictive analytics and career pathways. Benefits of analytical performance management. Learning objectives for seminars: Practice determining the key performance indicators (KPIs) in order to segment the data into three types of measures: efficiency, effectiveness and outcomes. Discuss how to analyze and report the obtained data. Case study – Predicting Employee Performance.
- Talen Acquisition AnalyticsWhat is talent acquisition analytics? The cost of a bad hire. Preinterview assessment analytics. Recruitment and selection analytics. Reliability and validity of selection methods. Human bias in recruitment selection. Hiring through predicting performance. Learning objectives for the seminar: Display group presentations
- Analytics for Onboarding and Organizational Culture FitPeculiarities of organizational culture. Stages of onboarding. The connection between onboarding and employee performance.Onboarding predictive model. Learning objectives for the seminar: Practice predicting the effectiveness of the chosen company investments based on the analytical reports for one of the HR practices. Shape the analytical framework for effective onboarding.
- Talent Engagement AnalyticsWhat is talent engagement? Employee engagement surveys and measures. Factors that contribute to positive employee experience. Learning objectives for the seminar: Making employee engagement surveys predictive. Articles’ discussions.
- Employee Life Time Value and Cost ModelingWhat is Employee Lifetime Value? Three vital metrics for every employment role. The employee performance curve. The employee cost curve. Human resource accounting. Replacement cost. Employee tenure in a survival analytics framework. Big Data approaches to employee development. Learning objectives for the seminar: Practice predicting the effectiveness of the chosen company investments based on measuring the cost of attrition. Articles’ discussions.
- Retention AnalyticsWhat is retention? Talent retention framework. Components of talent attrition predictive model. Sociodemographic and geodemographic data. Monitoring the impact of interventions. Learning objectives for the seminar: Display group presentations.
- Employee Wellness, Health, and Safety Analytics.What is employee wellness? The importance of understanding the workforce profile. Big data and people analytics for employee wellness. Learning objectives for the seminar: Display group presentations.
- Group Project “How to optimize the company’s investments by using people analytics”The team-based project includes two parts: 10-page paper (50% in grading) and presentation in the class (50% in grading). Both files must be uploaded at LMS not later than the deadline agreed at the beginning of the course and set at LMS. No grades will be given if files are not uploaded at LMS. The paper should include the following parts: 1. Introduction with a description of the company (industry, size, location). 2. Problem statement and description of people analytics for this purpose. 3. Short description of the sample and statistical analysis methods. 4. Results and practical implications. 5. Conclusions References. The paper should be single-spaced throughout; Times New Roman 12-point font (except for the title page); A4 size page formatting; 2.5 cm margins on all sides. The group should be no more than 4 members.
- Class activities(1) Kahoot game. At the beginning or at the end of some lectures a 15-minute Kahoot game is conducted. If the student missed the class, there is no option to participate in this activity. (2) Individual assignment during seminars. At the beginning or at the end of some seminars students will get a written task for 10-15 min based on their home reading or materials discussed during the previous classes. If the student missed the class, there is no option to rewrite this task, except for sickness absence. In this case, the student should notify the instructor about his/her sick leave.
- Group Project – Research CaseThe key focus of research case is to improve analytical skills by using available people analytics on the Internet or in the Laboratory of Intangible-driven Economy (IDLAB). The group members present the results of this research at the seminars and upload the presentation at LMS. No grades will be given if the file is not uploaded at LMS.
- Exam in the LMSIf a student has received the grade 8 or higher for each of the following indicative assessment methods: team-based project, research case, and class activities, he/she has an option to convert their average score into final grade without taking the final exam. The exam consists of 22 test questions (up to 2 marks for each positive answer), 2 open questions with the explanation of your ideas (up to 3 marks for each positive answer), and one practical exercise (up to 4 marks). No negative marks for wrong answers. Total time: 60 min. Total questions: 25
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.25 * Class activities + 0.25 * Exam in the LMS + 0.25 * Group Project – Research Case + 0.25 * Group Project “How to optimize the company’s investments by using people analytics”
- Isson, J. P., & Harriott, J. (2016). People Analytics in the Era of Big Data : Changing the Way You Attract, Acquire, Develop, and Retain Talent (Vol. 1). Hoboken: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1226538
- Edwards, M. R., & Edwards, K. (2019). Predictive HR Analytics : Mastering the HR Metric (Vol. 2nd Edition). New York: Kogan Page. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2037089
- Fitz-enz, J., & Mattox, J. (2014). Predictive Analytics for Human Resources. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=812792