Научно-исследовательский семинар "Экономика, бизнес и общество"
- Research Seminar is aimed at discussing academic research in the field of economic sociology, and at the formation of professional competences in studying business, economy, and society. Students will also learn how to write and read academic papers.
- Understand the principles of doing academic research
- Know the methods and principles of academic and applied research
- Know the specificity of sociological approach to studying economy
- Able to conduct sociological research
- Able to use qualitative methods of data collection and analysis
- Able to study business and economic with sociological methods
- Academic reading and the basics of student scientific workThe goal of the first module is to give the students some general understanding of academic reading and to provide support for the start of their own yearly essay/bachelor thesis.
- Methods of applied researchThe goal is the development of students' research skills. In Specialization 1. "Organization studies" students will learn about current areas of qualitative and quantitative research in organizations, including Employee Experience, Employer Branding, product approach, People Analytics, and others, and discuss the prospects for developing these areas from different perspectives. In Specialization 2. "Market studies" Students will learn about current areas of qualitative and quantitative research of the markets, including target audience studying, mystery shopping, consumers’ survey, customer’s journey map (CJM).
- Student’s academic workDuring this module the focus will be done on the development of the students’ academic writing and research skills and the discussion of their research papers/project (course papers, research thesis). The main goal of this part is to help students with their research projects. We will discuss how the paper should be organized, the requirements for the research paper, the progress and the difficulties that students have by that moment with their research.
- In-class participation
- Homework1Presentation of the individual research proposal
- Homework 2Presentation of the research design and piloting of instrument
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.3 * Exam + 0.2 * Homework 2 + 0.2 * Homework1 + 0.3 * In-class participation
- Aspers, P., & Dodd, N. (2015). Re-Imagining Economic Sociology. Oxford: OUP Oxford. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1200997
- Portes, A. (2010). Economic Sociology : A Systematic Inquiry. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=329852
- Tittenbrun, J. (2011). Economy in Society : Economic Sociology Revisited. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=524366