Продакт- менеджмент цифровых продуктов
- To learn all contemporary frameworks, approaches, and tools currently applied by generalist and business-oriented product managers.
- To master basic skills which are necessary for successful development and management of digital products.
- Know main responsibilities of product managers
- Can use different techniques to generate ideas for new products
- Know how to evaluate and screen ideas
- Can use MVP to test main assumptions about value
- Can develop value proposition canvas
- Can integrate voice-of-customer into product management
- Know how to adjust marketing research techniques for different types of products
- Can apply Scrum, Lean startup, Kanban in product management
- Can work with data science team to refine product
- Product manager as a position in a company: responsibilities and qualifications.Functions of product manager. Product manager archetypes. Project managers and program managers. Archetypes of product managers: technologist, generalist, business-oriented. Product managers in different companies. Transitioning to product manager from different fields. Right experience for product manager. How to prepare resume.
- Ideation and hypothesis development for productsIdea capture and handling system. Voice-of-Customer Methods: Ethnographic research, customer visit teams, customer focus groups, lead user (innovative user) analysis, the customer or user designs, customer brainstorming and inverse brainstorming, customer advisory board or panel, community of enthusiasts. Strategic methods for generating ideas: disruptions in market, core competencies assessment, peripheral vision, competitive analysis. Open innovation methods: partners and vendors, accessing the external technical community, scanning small businesses and business start-ups, external product designs, external submission of ideas, external idea contest. Technology development and fundamental research. Patent mapping. New knowledge as a source of innovation. Tapping the ideas of customers. Learning from lead users. Empathetic design. Invention factories and skunkworks. Open market innovation. The role of mental preparation. How management can encourage idea generation. Idea-generating techniques. Brainstorming. Nominal Group Technique. TRIZ. Catchball.
- Market analytics and voice-of-customer for product managerInformation customers cannot provide. Information customers can provide. Techniques for deeply understanding customer needs. Qualitative methods for deeper understanding: ethnography, netnography, site visits and individual interviews, lead users, customer toolkits, real-time market validation. The market analytics process. Types of customer data. Market analytics tool: segmentation, data mining, perceptual mapping, needs ranking, concept testing, conjoint analysis. Web-based market analytics.
- Agile approaches to product developmentAbout scrum. Core concepts in scrum. Requirements and user stories. Estimation and velocity. Technical debt. Roles in scrum: product owner, scrum master, development team, scrum team structures, managers. Lean and kanban approaches to new product development understanding lean and kanban.
- Data science fundamentals for product managersData availability. Machine learning basics for product managers. Working with data science teams.
- Contributions to class discussionsAt the end of the each class instructor makes notes about how active were students in discussions and how insightful and professional were their answers or comments. Fruitful participation is barely possible without supplementary reading which must be published by instructor one week before each class session. Class attendance alone will not earn a student class participation/contribution credits.
- AssignmentsAll topics are accompanied by assignments. Some assignments combined shape one big project about developing and launching new digital product. Other assignments are focused on particular topic and not related to main project. Assignments are evaluated by instructor and peers.
- ExamExam is conducted in a form of answering predefined questions and cases. Instructor randomly picks up 3 questions or cases from the list. Students are expected to answer almost immediately so instructor can observe their way of thinking. Even if they need to use particular tool or calculate figures, students do it in front of instructor.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.4 * Assignments + 0.3 * Contributions to class discussions + 0.3 * Exam
- Bruce T. Barkley, Project Management in New Product Development, McGraw-Hill © 2008 https://library.books24x7.com/toc.aspx?bookid=23646
- A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition, 2017. Режим доступа: http://library.books24x7.com/bookshelf.asp
- Cadogan, John, et al. Cross-cultural and cross-national consumer research, Emerald Publishing Limited, 2015. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=2070198.
- Fundamentals of Qualitative Research
- Moran, A. (2015). Managing Agile : Strategy, Implementation, Organisation and People. Cham: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=969008
- Vanderplas, J.T. (2016). Python data science handbook: Essential tools for working with data. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media, Inc. https://proxylibrary.hse.ru:2119/login.aspx?direct=true&db=nlebk&AN=1425081.