Научно - исследовательский семинар
- planning the research and prepare the research design
- searching, choosing and critically analyzing the literature
- choosing and implementing the quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods
- describing and formalizing the results of the conducted research
- The ability to work in a team
- The ability to find and evaluate new market possibilities and formulate new business ideas
- The ability to collect, process, and analyze data necessary for solving research tasks
- The ability to choose relevant methods for processing information in correspondence with scientific tasks, to analyze the results of calculations, and to defend conclusions based on these calculations
- The ability to analyze and interpret data from domestic (Russian) and foreign statistics about social and economic processes and trends, and to identify regular changes in social and economic indicators
- The ability to use modern technical tools and information technology to solve analytic and research tasks
- Research topic, research philosophies and approachesFormulating and clarifying the research topic. Philosophy sections (ontology, epistemology and axiology), research philosophies (positivism, realism, interpretivism and pragmatism), research paradigms (radical humanist, radical structuralist, interpretive and functionalist).
- Research designResearch questions, research objectives, research purpose (exploratory descriptive and explanatory studies). Research strategy (experiment, survey, case study, action research, grounded theory, ethnography, archival research), research choices (method), time horizons (cross-sectional, longitudinal).
- Theoretical FoundationPlanning literature, search strategy (literature parameters, key words), common link terms that use Boolean logic, organize the found resources, adopting critical perspective in the reading (previewing, annotating, summarizing, comparing and contrasting), the structure of the critical review. The use of Zotero, Scopus WoS, VOSviewer for searching, organizing and analyzing the literature.
- Data structures, general population and samplesClassifying the various Types of data sets: 1) By the number of pieces of information / variables (Univariate, bivariate, multivariate data) 2) By the kind of measurement (Quantitative/ numbers or qualitative/categories) 3) By whether or not the time sequence of recording is relevant (Time-series and cross-sectional data) 4) By whether or not the information was newly created or had previously been created by others for their own purposes (primary, secondary). Probability (representative) and non-probability (judgemental) sampling, selecting sample strategy, calculating the minimum sample size, estimation of the representativeness of the sample.
- Qualitative data analysis methodsPreparing the data for analysis, approaches to qualitative analysis (deductively and inductively based analytical procedures).
- Quantitative data analysis methodsTesting for significant relationships and differences for two variabilities (Chi square, Independent and paired t -test, Mann-Whitney U test). Testing for significant relationships and differences for three or more variabilities / groups (ANOVA test). Time series analysis, forecasting. Grouping the data (cluster analysis).
- Research results formalizinOral presentation of the research results.
- Homework 1
- Homework 2
- Homework 3 (Oral Presentation)
- Class Performance
- Grade for the third course
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.2 * Class Performance + 0.3 * Grade for the third course + 0.15 * Homework 1 + 0.15 * Homework 2 + 0.2 * Homework 3 (Oral Presentation)
- Essential Skills for Management Research [Электронный ресурс] / ed. David Partington, - SAGE Publications, 2002., - Режим доступа: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=354941.
- Partington, D., & Cranfield School of Management. (2002). Essential Skills for Management Research. London: SAGE Publications Ltd. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=251666
- Lancaster, Geoff. Research Methods in Management : A Concise Introduction to Research in Management and Business Consultancy, Routledge, 2004. ProQuest Ebook Central, https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/hselibrary-ebooks/detail.action?docID=297137.