- Understanding of the economic nature of investments, time value of money, risk, key players of the investment process.
- Ability to find, produce and analyze economic and financial information necessary for evaluation of investment projects (information about expected cash flows, levels of risks, possible guarantees etc, including business planning).
- Skills of taking investment decisions (positive and negative decisions about investments into a project, selection of portfolio of investments, selection of sources of finance depending on the nature of the project etc).
- An ability to pass a written test with problem-solving taks (15 min)
- An understanding of multi-criteria evaluation of the projects practiced with case studies on a seminar
- An ability to handle problem-solving tasks as a part of a class work
- Ability to design a thorough analysis of risk-management tools in a form of a Power Point presentation
- An ability to provide an analysis of factors driving international investments in a form of a group presentation
- An ability to assess different sources of finance according to the riskiness and return to investors
- Basics of investments: time value of money
- Evaluation of investment projects
- Multi-criteria evaluation of investments projects
- Risk management of investment projects
- International investments
- Sources of finance
- Written test 1
- Written test 2
- Group presentation 1
- Group presentation 2
- Final project
- Class activity points
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.18 * Class activity points + 0.3 * Final project + 0.13 * Group presentation 1 + 0.13 * Group presentation 2 + 0.13 * Written test 1 + 0.13 * Written test 2
- Damodaran, A. (2012). Investment Valuation : Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset (Vol. 3rd ed). Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=442924
- Filbeck, G., & Baker, H. K. (2013). Alternative Investments : Instruments, Performance, Benchmarks, and Strategies. Hoboken: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=561429