- learn to understand how international trade functions and know about the mediating role of finance in these processes.
- will be able to understand current state of things and global trends in the world economy and European debt crisis
- participants will familiarise themselves with basic financial instruments and learn about interest rate determination.
- Balance of payments
- Terms of trade
- Twin deficits
- Exchange rate determination
- TNT model
- Sovereign debt
- midterm exam
- final examTwo exams (the midterm and the final exam). Both are graded separately and a combined grade (mean of the two) constitute the final grade.
- Ileana (Badulescu) Anastase, & Cornel Grigorut. (2016). The International Macro-Environment of an Organization. Ovidius University Annals: Economic Sciences Series, (1), 7. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsdoj&AN=edsdoj.8d77a1d2644be18bb9f2e23db63587
- Obstfeld, M., & Rogoff, K. S. (1996). Foundations of International Macroeconomics. Cambridge, Mass: The MIT Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1452