Эффективная профессиональная коммуникация (английский язык)
- The aim of the course is to help the students to form their awareness in methods of effective communication and develop professional communicative skills.
- The student knows major theories in the field of communication studies and the main types and goals of professional communication
- The student knows verbal and non-verbal means of influence; he is able to choose the tactics and strategy of communication in accordance with the objectives; to combine verbal and non-verbal means of communication
- The student knows the main types and goals of professional communication; mechanisms of interaction and impact; he is able to apply their knowledge of communicative strategies in professional communication; to resolve cases in professional communication sphere
- The student knows a variety of ways of argumentation; he is able to choose the tactics and strategy of communication in accordance with the objectives
- The student knows the main types and goals of professional communication; mechanisms of interaction and impact; he is able to combine verbal and non-verbal means of communication; to manage effective interaction within a team
- The student knows typical scenarios of professional communication; he is able to resolve cases in professional communication sphere ; to manage effective interaction and work in a foreign business context
- The student knows the basic issues of effective interaction in business/ professional contexts; he is able to choose the tactics and strategy of communication in accordance with the objectives; combine verbal and non-verbal means of communication
- The theory of CommunicationTypes of communication: verbal, non-verbal; interpersonal, intercultural. The main characteristics and goals of business communication. Professional communication: politics, management, economics, business, finance, law. Models of communication.
- Speech interaction and speech exposureCommunicative strategy, communicative tactics. Conditions of their choice. Linguistic and paralinguistic mechanisms of influence. The rules of communicative interaction. Communicative failure.
- Rhetorical aspects of professional communicationRhetoric as a theory and practice of speech influence. The doctrine of the rhetorical construction of speech: inventio, dispositio, elocutio, memoria, pronuntiatio. Figures of speech and figures of thought. Tricks in dispute. Psychological tricks. Logical tricks: taking the conversation aside, transfer the dispute to the contradictions between a word and a deed. Rhetoric in relation to a variety of social practices: management, jurisprudence.
- Argumentation theoryThe argument as a condition of successful communication in various types of social activities: management, jurisprudence, political debate, everyday communication. The system and methods of argumentation: authorities, reasoning, precedent cases, illustrative examples, rhetorical figures. Models of reasoning communication.
- Intra-group communicationThe main types of groups: informal - formal. Characteristics of the group: 1) by goals, objectives, interests; 2) according to the system of values and norms of behavior; 3) according to the distribution of roles and models of communicative behavior in typical situations. Typical scenarios within one type of social activity. Frame Theory. Verbal and non-verbal means of intragroup communication. Verbal means: vocabulary, grammar, style, prosody. Non-verbal means: body language, paralinguistic means, clothing and jewelry, gestures, facial expressions, body position, proxemics.
- Discourse types of communicationThe concept of discourse. Communicative discourses. Juridical discourse. Commercial discourse. Political discourse. Ritual discourse. Etiquette discourse. Mythological discourse. Totalitarian discourse. Basic discursive practices.
- The art of presentationSelf-presentation and presentation as forms of communicative impact on the audience. Self-presentation strategies. Types of presentations: commercial, social, scientific, managerial. Verbal and non-verbal communication channel in a presentation. Characteristics of an effective speaker.
- Промежуточная аттестация (2 модуль)0.2 * Essay + 0.3 * Team project (presentation) + 0.5 * The final test
- Schilb, J. (2007). Rhetorical Refusals : Defying Audiences’ Expectations. Carbondale: Southern Illinois University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=234985
- Charteris-Black, J. (2014). Analysing Political Speeches : Rhetoric, Discourse and Metaphor. Basingstoke, Hampshire: Palgrave Macmillan. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1453945
- Worthington, I. (1994). Persuasion: Greek Rhetoric in Action. London: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=80147