Управление глобальными операциями
- Understand the key concepts and issues of managing operations in a global context, both for manufacturing and service companies. Explore the globalization strategies of different companies based on relevant cases; learn about decisions of their leaders and outcomes after applying some of these strategies. Study about emerging trends and challenges.
- The students will understand the changing trends of globalization and de-globalization of operations in companies around the world, having a working knowledge of how to analyze a decision to move globally or stay local, the rate of change, the need to re-localize some operations, etc.
- The students will be familiar with and able to contribute to the management of operating facilities in different cultural environments; to lead the change in integrating operations into global environment
- The students will understand the environmental, decarbonization, circularity trends and challenges and its impact on the global supply chain
- Global supply chainsCase: KEL725 Polaris Industries Inc. Farrell, D., Smarter Offshoring, HBR 2006 Malik, Y., Niemeyer, A. and Ruwadi B., Building the supply chain of the future, McKinsey Quarterly, Jan. 2011 WEF_Redesigning_Trust_Blockchain_Deployment Toolkit.pdf 2020 (optional)
- Supply chain risks and trendsCase: KEL673 Nokia's Supply Chain Management Huang, M. H., Eliminate the middleman?, HBR, March 2006 Simchi-Levi, D., Schmidt, W. and Wei, Y., From Superstorms to Factory Fires. HBR 2014 Cole, R., What Really Happened to Toyota? MIT Sloan Management Review. 2011 Vol. 52 No.
- Factory networksFerdows, K., Shaping Global Operations. GCG. 2009 Vol. 3 No. 1 De Meyer, A., Vereecke, A., How to optimize knowledge sharing in a factory network. McKinsey & Company. 2009
- China business trendsInterChina Inside: Bigger is no Longer Better Woetzel, J., Five myths about the Chinese economy, McKinsey Quarterly, Nov. 2015 Towson, J. & Woetzel, J., All you need to know about business in China, McKinsey 2014 From China to the world PN-498-E Sourcing from China - Insights from a manufacturer World class manufacturing in China Locke, R. & Romis, M., Improving work conditions in a global supply chain, MIT Sloan, Winter 2007 Globalization of Chinese companies Tsai, H., Eisingerich, A., Internationalization Strategies of Emerging Markets Firms. California Management Review. 2010 Vol. 53 No. 1
- Global dynamics and key trendsDeloitte COVID-19 Managing supply chain risk and disruption 2020 KPMG Building supply chain resilience through digital transformation 2020 Maritime logistics: connecting the world IIR072 Ribera & Castillo, Untangling the knots in the New Silk Route, Expert Insight IESE
- Globalization of the Russian companies – trends and challengesGlobalization of a European company: the case of Roca Brennan, L.et al., Manufacturing in the world. Where next?, IJOPM, 2015 AEB 2020 How to invest in Russia
- Development of business process and models on transformation toward circular supply chainWolfgang Lehmacher, The global supply chain how technology and circular thinking transform our future. Springer IP 2017, Ch. 4, 5
- Interim assessment (3 module)0.5 * Exam + 0.2 * Group assignment 1 + 0.1 * Group assignment 2 + 0.2 * Individual quizzes
- DE MEYER, A., & VEREECKE, A. (2009). How to optimize knowledge sharing in a factory network.
- Farrell, D. (2006). Smarter Offshoring. Harvard Business Review, 84(6), 84–92.
- Huei-Ting Tsai, & Eisingerich, A. B. (2010). Internationalization Strategies of Emerging Markets Firms. California Management Review, 53(1), 114–135. https://doi.org/10.1525/cmr.2010.53.1.114
- Malik, Y., Niemeyer, A., & Ruwadi, B. (2011). Building the supply chain of the future. McKinsey Quarterly, 1, 62–71.
- Ming-Hui Huang. (2006). Eliminate the Middleman? Harvard Business Review, 84(3), 33–37.
- SIMCHI-LEVI, D., SCHMIDT, W., & YEHUA WEI. (2014). From Superstorms to Factory Fires. Harvard Business Review, 92(1/2), 96–101.
- Woetzel, J. (2015). Five myths about the Chinese economy. McKinsey Quarterly, 4, 60–65.
- Wolfgang Lehmacher. (2017). The Global Supply Chain : How Technology and Circular Thinking Transform Our Future. Springer.