Российский бизнес в Восточной Азии
- To study ethnic, national, and regional unique characteristics of Asia and their effects on business interactions.
- Student is able to critically reflect on, identify, and discuss ways to categorize regions in Asia.
- Student is able to critically reflect on, identify, and discuss differences in national cultural value dimension differences in Asia and their effects on business interactions.
- Student is able to identify and evaluate the impacts of Asian companies in local and global competition.
- Student is able to define and discuss challenges of operating in Asian markets for Asians and non-Asians.
- Student is able to evaluate issues of strategy, market entry, timing, and entry mode choice into Asian markets and by Asian businesses seeking external markets.
- Student is able to critically reflect on, identify, and discuss unique characteristics of Asian business environments.
- Topic 1. Defining Asia and EurasiaDefining Culture: Hofstede’s and E.T. Hall’s models of culture.
- Topic 2. GLOBE Project: Global Leadership and Organizatonal Behavior EffectivenessDefining culture: Mapping the Business Systems of 61 Major Economies.
- Topic 3. Cultures of Asian Countries: North Asia.Russian business and societal culture.
- Topic 4. Cultures of Asian Countries: South & Southeast Asia
- Topic 5. Country & Culture Analysis for: Cultures of Central Asia and the Middle East & North Africa (MENA)
- Topic 6. Exam Prep and Exam
- Final exam2-hour final exam consisting of a combination of objective (multiple choice), short answer (a word or short phrase), and one or two short essay questions.
- Team case analysisAnalysis performed according to the guidelines in the "Guide for Case Analysis" and the "Guide for Information Analysis".
- Team case analysis presentationTeam case analysis presentation, performed according to the guidelines in the "Presentation Guide".
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.34 * Final exam + 0.33 * Team case analysis + 0.33 * Team case analysis presentation
- Hofstede, G. H., Hofstede, G. J., & Minkov, M. (2010). Cultures and Organizations : Software of the Mind: Intercultural Cooperation and Its Importance for Survival (Vol. 3rd ed). New York: McGraw-Hill. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=351480
- House, R. J., Brodbeck, F. C., Chhokar, J. S., & Global Leadership and Organizational Behavior Effectiveness Research Program. (2007). Culture and Leadership Across the World : The GLOBE Book of In-Depth Studies of 25 Societies. Mahwah, N.J.: Psychology Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=212077
- Culture, leadership, and organizations : the GLOBE study of 62 societies / ed. by Robert J. House . (2004). Thousand Oaks, Calif. [u.a.]: Sage Publications. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edswao&AN=edswao.111320100