- Learning the basic concepts of project activities, and project management, team work.
- Learning the design thinking methodology and accompanying concepts of user-centric customer development, methods of brainstorming, iterative prototyping and insight collection
- Learning the basics of business model, digital transformation, business model transformation
- Mastering the key concepts of design thinking methodology
- Completing a group project on a topic provided by/agreed with lecturer using design thinking methodology
- Presenting the project results and developing a prototype using prototyping technologies
- Introduction to project-management and project-oriented learning. Future of Work: the skills for XXI century.
- Project management vs operational activities. The concept of open innovations. The basics of business model.
- Digital transformation. 5 domains of business transformation.
- Design Thinking Methodology: principles, teams, space, empathy, problem domain, solution domain
- Design thinking. Problem domain: customer development approaches
- Prototyping technologies: SAP Build
- Design thinking. Solution domain: brainstorming technics, prototyping, working with feedback
- In-class tasks
- Project assignments
- Final pitch
- ExamQuiz on the course theoretical material Multiple choice test
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.1 * Exam + 0.2 * Final pitch + 0.1 * In-class tasks + 0.6 * Project assignments
- Roberge, J., & Kumar, V. (2018). Vijay Kumar, 101 Design Methods: A Structured Approach for Driving Innovation in Your Organization, Wiley, 2013. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.BB58558D
- Baum, P. (2018). How might we use Design Thinking for Digital Business Design and for creating Digital Business Value? 29th European Regional ITS Conference, Trento 2018. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsrep&AN=edsrep.p.zbw.itse18.184931
- Ben Mahmoud-Jouini, S., Midler, C., & Silberzahn, P. (2016). Contributions of Design Thinking to Project Management in an Innovation Context. Project Management Journal, 47(2), 144–156. https://doi.org/10.1002/pmj.21577
- Cruz, J. (2014). Design Thinking : 33 Most Asked Questions: What You Need to Know (Vol. Thirty three most asked questions). [Brisbane, Qld.]: Emereo Pty Ltd. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=698226
- LIEDTKA, J. (2018). Why Design Thinking Works. Harvard Business Review, 96(5), 72–79. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=131356794