Сравнительные экономические системы
- To develop deep understanding of the major concepts, theories, and debates in comparative economic systems.
- Describes the complexity of the economy of global market
- Compares the differences in legal systems, corporate governance, financial market, energetic systems, human capital, inequality, social policies of Anglo-Saxon, Continental and Asian systems
- Describe the complexity of the economy of global market
- Forecast the likely trends of each of economic systems
- Introduction: Institutes & Economic theory and History
- History of economic development. Growth and Inequality. Modern Debates. Initial classifications and regimes
- Great Divergence: Discussion
- Social structure and policy: "social lifts" and mobility.
- Differences between the Anglo-Saxon, the Continental and the Asian Legal systems. Law and its economic implications
- Market-based corporate governance and corporate control: differences, mixes and compositions
- Three types of systems: The Anglo-Saxon system as a basic liberal model of capitalism. The Continental (European) system with social welfare priority. The Asian system and its evolution after the Asian crisis
- Three systems: financial markets, energy markets and different business-strategies
- Russian hybrid system as a result of 1990s
- Convergence and divergence of economic systems: the competition in attraction of developing countries, BRICS, different systems-based approaches and policies adopting global challenges
- Corruption – definition and classification. Different forms, fields and industries. Main models and approaches. Corruption as a “normal institution”? Corruption Anglo -Saxon, Continental, Asian regimes.
- Corruption and Growth. Consumption and Investments (Savings) in the economy. If Corruption changes economic theorems and to what extent?
- Mafia – complexity of definition, key principles, economic analysis. Social conditions for developing corruption, organized crime (mafia). State failure and entrenching. Organized Crime under three Regimes.
- Anti-corruption measures. Resistance to Corruption and Organized Crime, Legislation, Public Opinion, FATF Transnational organized crime
- Final session: main results and implications of the course
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.4 * Essay and class presentation + 0.3 * Final exam + 0.3 * Presence and participation in discussions
- Economics : an analytical introduction, Witztum, A., 2005
- Principles of economics, Case, K. E., Fair, R. C., 2016
- Насилие и социальные порядки : концептуальные рамки для интерпретации письменной истории человечества, Норт, Д., Уоллис, Дж., 2011