Деловой английский на основе бизнес-кейсов
- The course aims at developing language, analytical and organizational competencies required effective use of English in a professional setting.
- find key information in English-language texts on professional topics related to business management, logistics, marketing, and IT using advanced reading techniques (understanding the gist, inferring, summarizing, identifying professional terminology etc.)
- work in a team, distribute tasks, collaborate and make joint decisions.
- take part in a group discussion, chair and be a participant in a meeting, present and defend one’s point of view both individually and in a group;
- write assignments, to analyze and interpret visual data;
- understand dialogues and monologues held in professional settings, using advanced listening techniques (predicting, understanding main ideas and details, identifying professional terminology, targeted listening);
- obtain, analyse, and communicate information on case-related issue in order to identify the underlying problem and articulate strategies for its solution
- generate ideas, think critically and creatively in relation to managerial tasks
- Case 1Reading and discussion Working out a solution Presentation round Written Assignment
- Case 2Reading and discussion Working out a solution Presentation rounds Written Assignment
- Case 3Reading and discussion Working out a solution Presentation rounds Written Assignment
- Written assignment
- Presentations3 team presentations (0.10 each).
- Class participation
- Self-directed workreading, writing summaries, preparing glossaries, describing graphs
- Промежуточная аттестация (4 модуль)0.25 * Class participation + 0.3 * Presentations + 0.25 * Self-directed work + 0.2 * Written assignment
- English for meetings, Thompson, K., 2007
- Wallwork, A. (2013). English for Academic Research: Writing Exercises. New York: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=528292
- Wallwork, A. (2016). English for Presentations at International Conferences (Vol. Second edition). Cham: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1175382
- Стогниева О. Н. - АНГЛИЙСКИЙ ЯЗЫК ДЛЯ ЭКОНОМИСТОВ (B1–B2). ENGLISH FOR BUSINESS STUDIES IN HIGHER EDUCATION. Учебное пособие для вузов - М.:Издательство Юрайт - 2020 - 197с. - ISBN: 978-5-534-10008-2 - Текст электронный // ЭБС ЮРАЙТ - URL: https://urait.ru/book/angliyskiy-yazyk-dlya-ekonomistov-b1-b2-english-for-business-studies-in-higher-education-456076