How to apply
The programme has been launched in 2018, is taught entirely in English and consists of four years of study at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. The cost of study in 2019/2020 is 620.000 RUR*. The system of tuition fee discounts will be announced in spring or summer 2020 -- early enough to enable an applicant to take the fully informed decision towards admisson. Entrance competiton results will constitute the main ground for a discount.
For the duration of studies, international students can live in HSE’s affordable dormitories consistently acknowledged as ones of the best universities in Russia.
The general application roadmap for an international applicant is described here and you will find all the detailed instructions to follow at each application stage.
The application process for international students (who have not taken the Russian Unified State Exam (EGE)) consists of two stages:
1. Preparatory stage (remote)
- The first step of the application process is to register in the online application system. The application period in 2020/2021 is from Ocotber15, 2019 till August 20, 2020. This form requires scans of your educational documents. Please follow the guidelines detailed here.
- After preliminary consideration by the programme your application status will be updated.
At this stage please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Coordinator to submit additional information or enquire about the status of your application.
- An applicant should fill in an application for recognition of foreign credentials. This form requires scans of your educational documents and ID.
2. Examination stage (online or in Moscow)
The next stage of the application process consists of taking entrance exams. It is possible to take exams online or on-site or participate in International Youth Olympiad. The complete information about examination stage can be found in the Qualifying Events Schedule 2019. The decision on candidates is made according to the results of the entrance examination. The applicant must take two exams:
To find out about the exam schedule and location of on-site testing events please check here. Another recommended way to learn about the exam schedule and registration is to look for them in the International Applicant's Account. Once you have selected a programme during registration, you can sign up for exams. If none of the exam dates on the list is suitable, you may choose any of the available dates.You will have an option to change it, as the schedule is regularly updated. If none of the dates are offered it is likely that all slots have been occupied. We suggest that you keep being alert for the upcoming testing dates. Entrance exams will be conducted until August 2019.
The exam programmes and materials for preparation are available on the Requirements page.
The applicant may stay at HSE’s dormitories during the entrance exam period which requires arrival in Moscow 2-3 days prior to the date of first on-site exam.
If you are the holder of an international exam certificate in English and/or Mathematics, the results of these examinations can be transferred in accordance with the conversion scale. The following international exams are recognized:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- iBT Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE)
- Business English Certificate Higher (Bec H)
- Advanced Placement Test in Calculus AB or Calculus BC
- Advanced Level (A-Level) Mathematics or Further Mathematics
- International Baccalaureate (IB) (Mathematics, standard level/higher level, Further Mathematics, higher level)
In the case of admission original documents with a list of enclosures must be submitted to the HSE Admissions Committee in Moscow in person before August 28. If you do send your materials by post, please email the programme coordinator to let her know that you have done so.
All applicants must submit:
- Copy of applicant’s ID or passport;
- Legalized education or education and qualification document, if the specified education level is recognized by the Russian Federation or HSE as the relevant level of education;
- Documents confirming the applicant’s individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account in the application process (if applicable);
- Other documents (submitted at the discretion of the applicant);
- 2 photos (size 3x4 cm)
Please find more elaborate information here.
Finally, Congratulations on your admission and following enrolment in the Data Science and Business Analytics programme!To proceed with visa obtaining, document translation and legalization, etc. check the Before Arrival Instructions for Accepted Fee-paying Applicants 2019
* cost of study for the following years can be slightly adjusted in accordance with inflation rate in Russia