How to apply
Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor’s programme “HSE and University of London Double Degree Programme in Economics”.
This programme is taught entirely in English and consists of four years of study at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia.
The cost of study in 2016/2017 is 670 000 RUR*. Scholarships are available on the basis of entry examination results. International students can live in HSE’s affordable dormitories for the duration of their studies.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process for international students (who have not taken the Russian Unified State Exam (EGE)) consists of two stages:
1. PREPARATORY STAGE (REMOTE)
1) The first step of the application process is to fill out the online form on the International admissions website (available since 1st of November)
This form requires scans of your educational documents.
2) The programme academic coordinator will get in touch with you via email and inform you about next steps.
3) If your application is successful and you receive preliminary acceptance, you must confirm your intent to continue the application process by July 1st.
4) An applicant should also fill in an application for recognition of foreign credentials.
This form requires scans of your educational documents and ID.
2. EXAMINATION STAGE (IN MOSCOW)
The next stage of the application process consists of submitting documents and taking exams, and it requires you to travel to Moscow.
Document originals must be submitted to the HSE Admissions Committee in Moscow in person before August 10 or sent via post by a registered and recorded letter with a list of enclosures. If you do send your materials by post, please email the programme coordinator to let her know that you have done so.
All applicants must submit:
· Legalized** education or education and qualification document, if the specified education level is recognized by the Russian Federation or HSE as the relevant level of education;
· Documents confirming the applicant’s individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account in the application process (if applicable);
· Other documents (submitted at the discretion of the applicant);
· 2 photos (size 3x4 cm)
The final step is to take exams at HSE in Moscow in summer. The applicant must take two exams:
· Mathematics (you need to get at least 60 scores out of 100);
· Foreign language (you need to get at least 70 scores out of 100).
Applicants can choose whether they prefer to take the exams in English or Russian. The exam programs and materials for preparation are available here.
The applicant may stay at HSE’s dormitories during the exam period.
Examination results will be published on the HSE and study programme websites in July.
* - the cost of study for the following years can be slightly changed in accordance with inflation rates, significant shifts in currency exchange rates or University of London financial policy.
(the following part is taken from Instructions for successful regular enrolment students)
** - detailed information on education documents legalization can be found here