How to apply
Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor’s programme “HSE and University of London Double Degree Programme in Economics”.
This programme is taught entirely in English and consists of four years of study at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia.
The cost of study in 2018/2019 will be announced later. For information: the cost of study in 2017/2018 is 670 000 RUR*. Scholarships are available on the basis of entry examination results. For information: the rules of scholarships allocation and conditions of contact signing for the academic year 2018/2019 will be announced later. For information: the rules of scholarships allocation and conditions of contact signing for the academic year 2017/2018 can be found by the links. International students can live in HSE’s affordable dormitories for the duration of their studies.
HOW TO APPLY
The application process for international students (who have not taken the Russian Unified State Exam (EGE)) consists of two stages:
1. PREPARATORY STAGE (REMOTE)
1) The first step of the application process is to register in the online application system. The application period in 2018/2019 is from November 15, 2017 till August 10, 2018.
This form requires scans of your educational documents.
2) After preliminary consideration by the programme your application status will be updated.
3) An applicant should fill in an application for recognition of foreign credentials.
This form requires scans of your educational documents and ID.
2. EXAMINATION STAGE (online or in MOSCOW)
The next stage of the application process consists of taking exams. It is possible to take exams online or on-site or participate in International Youth Olympiad. The detailed information about examination stage can be found here. The decision on candidates is made according to the results of the entrance examination. For information: in 2017/2018 students were admitted to ICEF if they received no less than 60 scores for Mathematics and 70 scores for English exams. The applicant must take two exams:
Exam dates and registration forms can be found here.
The exam programs and materials for preparation are available here.
The applicant may stay at HSE’s dormitories during the exam period.
In the case of admission document originals must be submitted to the HSE Admissions Committee in Moscow in person before August 28 or sent via post by a registered and recorded letter with a list of enclosures. If you do send your materials by post, please email the programme coordinator to let her know that you have done so.
All applicants must submit:
· Copy of applicant’s ID or passport;
· Legalized** education or education and qualification document, if the specified education level is recognized by the Russian Federation or HSE as the relevant level of education;
· Documents confirming the applicant’s individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account in the application process (if applicable);
· Other documents (submitted at the discretion of the applicant);
· 2 photos (size 3x4 cm)
* - the cost of study for the following years can be slightly changed in accordance with inflation rates, significant shifts in currency exchange rates or University of London financial policy.
(the following part is taken from Instructions for successful regular enrolment students)
** - detailed information on education documents legalization can be found here