• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

How to Apply

Thank you for your interest in the Bachelor’s Parallel Degree Programme in International Relations .

This programme is taught entirely in English and consists of four years of study at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia.

The cost of study in 2019/2020 is 660 000 RUR. Scholarships are not available to students in this program. International students can live in HSE’s affordable dormitories for the duration of their studies. Discounts up to 75% of tuition fee are provided on the basis of academic merit.


The process of application consists of 4 main stages.

FIRST, you have to set up your user ID and password

International applicants may get access to their accounts after they apply for a User ID and a password using the link. Once you have submitted a form, an e-mail will be sent to the address you indicated during registration with your User ID and password. Please make sure уou have provided the correct e-mail address. Your User ID/password application will be considered within 72 hours (including weekends and public holidays). Applications submitted on Friday after 6pm or the day before a public holiday after 6pm will be considered on the next business day.

You can use your User ID and password to enter your account. Don’t forget to read through the form fields to be filled in (required fields are marked with an asterisk).

! Once you have submitted your application, you will not be able to access it again. Only an application’s supporting materials can be updated. Please do not resend your application.

Almost all HSE programmes require a motivation letter, which may be submitted either in Russian or in English. You are free to use our Motivation Letter Form or your own form.

! All of your supporting files must be in .pdf or .jpeg format. Their size should not exceed 15MB.

After your application materials have been attached, please click ‘SUBMIT’. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application within 48 hours.

Full instructions on how to use the application form can be found here.

The SECOND stage consists of application evaluation.

You can apply until August 20, 2019.

Once you have selected a programme, you can sign up for the exams you have to pass.

If none of the exam dates on the list is suitable, you may choose any of the available dates. You will have an option to change it, as the schedule is regularly updated.

If you plan to take an on-site entrance exam in your home country (as per the schedule for exams held outside of the Russian Federation), your results will be included in your Foreign Applicant’s Personal Account within 2 weeks following the end of the examination period in your home country.

Online entrance exams are conducted using HSE’s own information resources and the Examus service. An e-mail with your ID and a password for obtaining access to the online system will be sent to the e-mail address indicated in your registration.

! We recommend making sure that your computer meets the requirements of the Examus system:

·        Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Mac OS (version 10.9 or higher);

·        Google Chrome web browser (the latest version as at the date of exam)

·        a built-in or external webcam;

·        Internet connection of 1 Mbps or faster.

·        Your exam results will appear in the Foreign Applicant’s Personal Account after the completion of the exam process.  

Once your application has been reviewed by the examination committee, the status in your account will be updated as follows:

·        recommended for admission to a fee-paying place;

·        denied.


The FOURTH stage is about submitting the documents. Full information for fee-paying candidates may be found here: https://admissions.hse.ru/en/undergraduate-apply/bastep4#top


FINALLY, at the Enrollment stage you'll have to legalize your documents and get a Visa Invitation. More information may be found via the link: https://admissions.hse.ru/en/undergraduate-apply/bastep5#top