The complexity of modern politics necessitates a combination of different levels of analysis and various tools - both quantitative and qualitative. Bachelor’s programme"Political Science" provides students with fundamental studies of economy, history, law, etc. frontier research on comparative politics, world politics, regional studies etc. With the help of such a combination graduates have an opportunity to achieve results in academic research and applied political analysis, in consulting, management and GR.
On the 2d year students are able to choose the following path of education:
- Political Analysis (focus on analysis work and research activity, enhanced mathematical education)
- Political Management (emphasis on applied courses and practice)
- Comparative Politics;
- Contemporary Russian Politics;
- The Political Theory;
- Qualitative Methods in Political Research;
- World Politics and International Relations;
- Game Theory;
- Political Sociology;
- Political Regional Studies;
- Basics of Anti-Corruption Policy;
- Electoral Analysis.
Basic courses for Political Analysis
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics;
- Mathematical Models in Political Economy;
- Policy Analisis.
Basic courses for Political Management
- Public Authorities of the Russian Federation;
- Political Management;
- Applied Policy Analysis.
Features of the programme
- Academic Mobility and International Internship for students are available.
- Students can take part in research seminars and scientific projects try themselves as researches being involved in activities of research laboratories such as Laboratory for Political Studies, Laboratory for Region Studies, Laboratory for Anti-Corruption Policy and Laboratory for Qualitative and Quantitative Methods of Analysis of Political Regimes.
- HSE’s flexible study system allows students to choose an individual educational track in order to acquire knowledge in the areas that are interesting and important for them.
- Students choose subjects from the approved curriculum of the educational program and form their individual curricula, which include:
— All subjects from the programme curriculum’s core (default);
— Subjects from the variable part of the programme curriculum, according to the list and to the rule of choice;
— Minors – an important part of the new undergraduate study model. A minor is a combination of non-core subjects, which will add to a student’s educational track. At the moment all Minors are taught in Russian;
— Open optional courses – courses in various fields of study that can be studied by students of any faculty, class year, or educational programme. Their important feature is that they can be studied not only by HSE students, but also by anyone from other Moscow universities or elsewhere who has a wish to do so.
- Analytical departments and agencies, consulting agencies;
- Public Relations and Public Affairs Departments;
- Communication Agencies;
- Government (including the State Duma of the Federal Assembly, the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation, federal ministries and agencies, etc.);
- Research and educational sphere.