Big Data Systems Development and Implementation
- To teach students to understand the connections between organization's business goals and data possessed by the organization.
- To present the variety of modern corporate information systems' types and their properties regarding operations with data, data necessity and impact to reaching main business goal.
- To provide students with the knowledge of Big Data paradigm and the present the concept of Big Data approach.
- To introduce to the students the main principles for real-time data systems and Big Data platforms.
- To help students develop skills of designing and managing Big Data systems.
- Student should estimate and analyze different known scientific methods and approaches in terms of data collection, storage and processing.
- Information Technology in organizations
- The knowledge-based view of the corporate system
- Types of information systems
- Big Data Platforms
- Typical Big Data system architecture and Big Data instruments
- Storage techniques. Databases
- Hadoop Distributed File System
- Hadoop essentials
- Hadoop ecosystem
- Architecture principles for realtime Big Data systems
- Big Data Systems implementation
- Management of Big Data Systems
- Score for the first home task
- Score for essay (referat)
- Score for the second home task
- Oral exam
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.4 * Oral exam + 0.2 * Score for essay (referat) + 0.2 * Score for the first home task + 0.2 * Score for the second home task
- Ali, A., Qadir, J., Rasool, R. ur, Sathiaseelan, A., & Zwitter, A. (2016). Big Data For Development: Applications and Techniques. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsarx&AN=edsarx.1602.07810
- Adams, T. (2015). Development of a Big Data Framework for Connectomic Research. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsarx&AN=edsarx.1501.06102
- Duque-Jaramillo, J. C., & Villa-Enciso, E. M. (2016). Big Data: development, advancement and implementation organizations in information age ; Big Data: desarrollo, avance y aplicación en las organizaciones de la era de la información. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.A8867B75