Digital Cultural Tourism
- Able to learn and demonstrate skills in the field, other than the major field
- Work with information: find, define and use the information from different sources which required for solving of research and professional problems (including the system approach)
- Able to efficiently communicate based on the goals and communication situations
- understand current eTourism applications, technologies and practices;
- know how to map different communication activities within the tourism sector;
- know how to run a usability test and how to make usages analysis of a website or mobile app;
- know how to plan, run and evaluate eTourism related activities, especially when it comes to the analysis of online reputation of a tourism destination.
- Digital Tourism. Digital Tourism Ecosystem. Online Customer Journey in Tourism.
- Online Destination Management.
- Communication: an introduction to its nature and history
- The Online Communication Model (OCM) and the quality of online contentsThe Online Communication Model, analysis of the content quality in online communication.
- Usability analysis and web analyticsUsability and usages analysis of tourism websites, mobile apps and other online communication tools, strategies to assess usability.
- Localisation of online contentCultural translation / localization of messages for people with different cultural backgrounds and experiences, localized website for domestic and international visitors. Case of Quito (Ecuador).
- B2B activities and eLearning within the hospitality and tourism domainThe notion of eLearning and its use in the hospitality and tourism field, eLearning courses about Destination Management Organizations. Case of “Ticino Switzerland Travel Specialist” online course.
- User Generated Contents (UGCs) & Web 2.0Communication opportunities given by UGCs and Web 2.0, hotels’ communication strategies to respond to online reviews.
- Communication opportunities given by UGCs and Web 2.0, hotels’ communication strategies to respond to online reviews.The definition of the reputation construct and its relevance in the online domain, how to analyze the online reputation of a tourist destination.
- The definition of the reputation construct and its relevance in the online domain, how to analyze the online reputation of a tourist destination.Definition of argumentation, argumentative analysis of Online Travel Reviews of a Chinese National Park.
- Cantoni, L., & Danowski, J. A. (2015). Communication and Technology. Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1055774
- Boes, K., Buhalis, D., & Inversini, A. (2016). Smart tourism destinations: ecosystems for tourism destination competitiveness. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.16C1EC00
- Femenia-Serra, F. (2018). Smart Tourism Destinations and Higher Tourism Education in Spain. Are We Ready for This New Management Approach? Spain, Europe: Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-72923-7_33