The Strategy of Content Marketing
- the goal of the course is to define marketing, its role within the firm, and it’s competitive advantages, to understand the process of brand positioning and to Identify customer role in marketing communications;
- Define content marketing and discuss core concept
- Define marketing management and examine how markets manage demand and build profitable customer relationships
- Differentiate the parts of marketing process and show mutual relation on each other
- Describe marketing strategies within the product cycle
- Topic 1 The content marketing ecosystemTopic 1 of the course introduces to the content marketing ecosystem. Students will be able to define what content marketing is and explain why it is important in today's market. Students will discover the purpose of what content should be able to do and what makes content effective. students will discover the importance of how your own professional brand can play in the importance of your company's content marketing strategy and you will build your own professional brand. Students will build a personal website to help build your brand and in the final lesson, you will be able to discuss the editorial process for content and describe the benefits and importance of having a content calendar.
- 2 The strategic contextTopic 2 will make students able to think strategically by creating context which leads to creating content that actually works. Students will be able to practice and discuss why being agile an essential part of the framework. Students will discuss the idea of being authentic as a professional and within your own organization. You will be able to capture your audience's attention with effective headlines. Students will be able to apply the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 formula to prompt your audience to take action. Students will examine how to prioritize acceleration and present yourself as a likable authority to your network. Students will discuss the critical relationship between authority and audience and be able to write with authority and confidence.
- 3 Mapping the journey: Crafting a content marketing strategy.Topic 3 is aimed to focus crafting a content marketing strategy by first examining the journey of buyer or audience. Students will be able to create your audience/buyer persona and describe the importance of always thinking about their journey. Students will be able to develop empathy and experience maps and examine their purposes in a content marketing strategy. Students will explore and be able to apply two essential elements for creating irresistible content.
- 4 The strategic types of content.Topic 4 focuses on the various types of strategic content that go into an effective content marketing program. You will be able to identify and define the four types of strategic content: attraction content, affinity content, action content, and authority content. You will be able to use the strategies given to write the various types of content and be able to combine all four elements to write one effective content piece
- Drummond, G., & Ensor, J. (2005). Introduction to Marketing Concepts. Oxford: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=166206
- Chaffey, D., & Smith, P. R. (2017). Digital Marketing Excellence : Planning, Optimizing and Integrating Online Marketing (Vol. 5 edition). New York: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=nlebk&AN=1496981