Research Seminar "Current Problems of the Financial Analysis"
- The learning objective of RS – to develop students’ skills of independent research work, including the mastering of current methods and research techniques usage, scientific discussion on the given topic, one’s own research results presentation; to help in work on the master’s thesis; to develop communication and presentation skills.
- The students has to know: main results of the latest researches in the financial field; their empirical tests published in the top professional magazines in the field; methods of scientific discussions and delivering of presentations.
- The students has to be able to: define the field of scientific search at choosing the research subject; find the research problem, to define the research topic and task for the research; use the gained statistical material and connect own conclusions with theoretical and practical provisions of financial activity; evaluate the quality and effectiveness of empirical data;
- The students has to master: the skills of writing the expert analytical overviews, research articles and reports, as well as skills of working on the gained material; the skills of practical usage of theoretical knowledge on search methods and primary data analysis and forming of sources databases; the skills of work with scientific sources including those in English; the skills of work with data analysis and modelling software.
- project or methodological seminars
- individual work of academic supervisors with students on the master thesis topics
- participation (in discussions)
- the quality of reportsThe exam will be conducted in the form of a Final Quiz. Please make sure that… you are well prepared to the final quiz on the Research course, submitted all the home assignments, delivered oral presentations on different parts of your individual research, and defended all four parts of your group project on company valuation. As a reminder, your final mark will be calculated as following: Attendance = 0 Class work/ discussions = 0,25 Group Pres = 0,35 Individual research + Home Assignments = 0,4 Final = 1 The final quiz will contribute to the “Class work/ Discussions” part of your final mark. 28 April – Final quiz (Google forms). The quiz covers the theoretical aspects of research. You are expected to revise the lecture notes on the following topics: • Research Intro • Research Proposal • Literature review • Writing up the Methods Section • Time series analysis: Typical Mistakes • Discussion and Analysis • Conclusion and Recommendations • Presenting results (Part 1, Part 2)
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.3 * attendance + 0.3 * participation (in discussions) + 0.4 * the quality of reports
- Interim assessment (4 module)0.4 * participation (in discussions) + 0.6 * the quality of reports
- Hahn Shik LEE, & Woo Suk LEE. (2019). International Linkage among Mena Financial Markets. Economic Computation & Economic Cybernetics Studies & Research, 53(3), 297–314. https://doi.org/10.24818/18423264/188.8.131.52
- MOȘTEANU, N. R. (2019). International Financial Markets face to face with Artificial Intelligence and Digital Era. Theoretical & Applied Economics, 26(3), 123–134. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=138993627
- Saksonova, S., & Kuzmina-Merlino, I. (2019). Cryptocurrency as an Investment Instrument in a Modern Financial Market. St. Petersburg University Journal of Economic Studies, 35(2), 269–282. https://doi.org/10.21638/spbu05.2019.205