Second Language Acquisition
- to introduce students to key notions of the main theories of language acquisition
- to acquaintance students with goals and methods of language acquisition
- to introduce students to main theories of first and second multilingual language acquisition
- understands the main concepts and terms of second language acquisition
- understands the key principles of language research within first and second multilingual language acquisition
- reads and critically assesses current literature of the field of first and second multilingual language acquisition
- makes empirical observations and theoretical generalizations (in English)
- Situation with multilingualism in the worldDefinitions of multilingualism, heritage languages, etc. Simultaneous vs. sequential types of acquisition.
- Multilingual LexiconTheories and methods in multilingual acquisition.
- Experimental and Longitudinal dataCHILDES database.
- Morphology and syntax in multilingual acquisition
- Discourse, Texts and NarrativesMacrostructure and microstructure.
- Typical and atypical multilingual language acquisition – how to differentiate?Multilingual assessment of language.
- Tests for multilingualsNWR, SR, Literacy, Questionnaires.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.4 * home assignment + 0.2 * participation + 0.4 * экзамен
- Keating, G. D. (2016). Second Language Acquisition: The Basics. New York: Routledge. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1067690
- Second Language Acquisition: An Introductory Course By: Gass, Susan M; Babb-Rosensfeld; Plonsky, Luke; Behney, Jennifer. Routledge. ISBN: 978-0-415-89478-4, 978-0-415-89495-1, 978-0-203-13709-3, 978-1-136-48877-1, 978-1-136-48879-5, 978-1-136-48880-1, 978-1-299-81206-2. Education (General).
- Baker, D. L., Basaraba, D. L., & Richards-Tutor, C. (2018). Second Language Acquisition: Methods, Perspectives and Challenges. New York: Nova. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1931448