Strategies in Management. Marketing Strategies
- The goal of the course is to straighten and revise skills and knowledge acquired during the studies as this is one of the final courses in the masters programme.
- Learning tasks of the course include: -competitive analysis -product portfolio management -customer behavior analysis -brand management -planning and interpretation of marketing research for decision-making.
- Student knows key features and functions of Markstrat simulation, work process and final grade components
- Decision making in marketing strategy field including pricing, new product development, product positioning.
- Systematic knowledge of the managerial process with marketing, production and research facets.
- Students have applied skills of analysis and decision-making in Marketing strategy
- 1. Key features and functions of Markstrat simulation, study process overview.
- 2. Customer preference analysis and marketing planningReview of segmentation: the purpose of segmentation; criteria for segmentation; segmentation methods
- Topic.5. Marketing research for consumer and brand analysis, goals and results interpretation.
- Topic.3. Market share analysis and competitive environmentSetting objectives. The meaning of market share as a marketing objective • Analysis of opportunities. Add longer-term considerations to the segmentation and positioning elements discussed in the previous session: environmental changes, evolution in consumer needs, and product/market life cycles.
- Topic.4. Financial indicators and forecasting
- Тестирование по основным функциям программы Markstrat
- Customer Segments questions
- SPI index (Markstrat)
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.1 * Customer Segments questions + 0.5 * SPI index (Markstrat) + 0.1 * Тестирование по основным функциям программы Markstrat + 0.3 * Экзамен
- Naresh K. Malhotra. (2015). Marketing Research. Harlow: Pearson Education. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1659681
- Baidya, M. K., Maity, B., & Ghose, K. (2019). Innovation in Marketing Strategy: A Customer Lifetime Value Approach. Journal of Business & Management, 25(2), 71–97. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=bsu&AN=138230268
- Samiee, S., & Chirapanda, S. (2019). International Marketing Strategy in Emerging-Market Exporting Firms. Journal of International Marketing, 27(1), 20–37. https://doi.org/10.1177/1069031X18812731