Web Searching and Ranging
- The objectives of mastering the discipline "Web Search and Ranking" are the formation of students' theoretical knowledge and practical skills of web search and data ranking. Students will receive basic web search algorithms, create their own web crawler and evaluate the quality of the collected results.
- Knows: test collections; quality measures; user behavior; A \ B testing; interleaving.
- Has skills in obtaining and preparing data for search; Web crawling text processing: tokenization, normalization. Owns the concepts of: spam; indexing. Owns request processing skills
- Knows: classic ranking approaches. He has skills in applying ranking using semantic methods; machine learning ranking
- Owns the concepts of: federated search; click models.
- Assessment of the quality of information retrieval
- Preparation of data for search, request processing
- Classical approaches to ranking, application of semantic methods and machine learning
- Federated search, click models
- Gossen, T. (2015). Search Engines for Children : Search User Interfaces and Information-Seeking Behaviour. Wiesbaden: Springer Vieweg. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1159664
- Levene, M. (2010). An Introduction to Search Engines and Web Navigation. Hoboken, N.J.: Wiley. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=335281