- The course aims at making the students familiar with the basics on commutative ring theory. The students are to learn the basic concepts and notions that may be applicable in algebraic geometry
- Knows the basic concepts of the commutative ring theory and its connection to algebraic geometry. Is able to understand the fundamental theorems such as Hilbert nullstellensatz and the notion of primary decomposition in Noetherian ring theory.
- examthe students are required to participate in the problem sessions in order to be able to take the examinations
- Altman, A., & Kleiman, S. (2013). A term of Commutative Algebra. United States, North America: Worldwide Center of Mathematics. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.55CA89AB
- Dolgachev, I. (2012). Classical Algebraic Geometry : A Modern View. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=473170