Research Seminar "Representations and Probability 1"
- The seminar is intended to introduce the subject area to the students, and to offer them an opportunity to prepare and give a talk.
- Successful participants imporve their presentation skills and prepare for participation in research projects in the subject area.
- Continuous-time Markov chains and their asymptotical behavior.
- Empirical and invariant measures for Markov chains. Potential theory for Markov chains
- Determinantal point processes. Results connecting them with Markov chains.
- Large-time behavior of diffusion process. Applications to non-equilibrium statistical mechanics.
- Interim assessment (2 module)The final grade is the maximum of the two grades: the grade for the talk (if the student gave it) and the exam grade.
- Kuksin, S. B., & Shirikyan, A. (2012). Mathematics of Two-Dimensional Turbulence. Cambridge, [England]: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=480318
- Meyn, S. P., & Tweedie, R. L. (2009). Markov Chains and Stochastic Stability (Vol. 2nd ed). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=313161