- We will aim to develop an in-depth and considered understanding of the key issues that have to do with the applications of Marketing in companies with an International Orientation.
- Main objectives: 1. To highlight the importance of view marketing from a global perspective. 2. To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of international marketing management. 3. To gain skills for international marketing strategy development. 4. To challenge students to shift from being a receiver of ideas, facts, concepts and techniques, to a style of generating ideas, identifying problems, analyzing and evaluating alternatives and thus to develop the most important international marketers’ skills. 5. To provide students with models, theories, frameworks, perspectives, and concepts to succeed in the global arena.
- To understand the specifics of international marketing.
- To understand cultural differences in managing multinational companies. To use world reports for analysis of the world economic situation.
- To apply international marketing and management frameworks. To select a proper country/market to enter. To differentiate entry modes.
- To define the basis of global competitive advantage and positioning strategy.
- To adapt the product to local consumers’ needs. To choose an international pricing strategy for the particular case. To choose the most effective channels and means for international distribution. To develop a communication plan in the international market.
- To develop an international marketing plan.
- Topic 1-2. Introduction to International Marketing:Strategic and tactical marketing planning, the concept of Internationalisation, Reasons for Internationalisation, Internationalization Strategies.
- Topic 3. The Global market environment:Understanding global cultures, Factors within the global environment, International Market Attractiveness
- Topic 4. Selection of International Markets:National Competitive Advantage, Risk/Opportunity analysis, Country selection, Entry Modes.
- Topic 5. STP:Segmenting Targeting and Positioning in Global Markets.
- Topic 6-7. International Marketing Mix:International Marketing Mix strategies, Standardisation vs. Adaptation of the Marketing Mix, Marketing Operations.
- Topic 8. International Marketing Plan (Team Project Preparation):Situational Analysis of international market 3C’s (customers, competitors, company), Quantitative and Qualitative data for making/justification of market selection, Marketing decisions on 3 strategic levels (strategical, tactical, operational), Critical Analysis (risk<->opportunities) of the managerial decisions.
- Individual assignments (Case studies)Individual assignment, case study text should be read by students before the related sessions.
- Team ProjectDone in groups, delivered in form of a brief pdf report and oral presentation*. *In case the student cannot present on the day of the presentation he/she should inform the professor min 2 weeks ahead.
- Final ExamBased on theoretical seminars and practical sessions. Students will have a list of topics for the exam preparation.
- Interim assessment (2 module)0.5 * Final Exam + 0.3 * Individual assignments (Case studies) + 0.2 * Team Project
- International marketing, Cateora, P. R., 2020
- Global marketing : contemporary theory, practice, and cases, Alon, I., Jaffe, E., 2017
- Global marketing and advertising : understanding cultural paradoxes, Mooij de, M., 2019
- Global marketing, Keegan, W. J., Green, M. C., 2017
- Marketing & economics : an integrated approach to making effective business decisions in the world of global marketing, Kermally, S., 2016
- Research in international marketing, Turnbull, P. W., 2013