- Provide students a basic princples on the sustainable development and methodology for Sustainability Assessment; introduce students with the Environmental Sustainability Indicators for the Bioeconomy focuced in the forest-based sector value chain
- Knows key principles of the sustainable development and methodology for Sustainability Assessment
- Has basic skills to calculate Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) indicators in the forest-based sector value chain
- Can reflect upon and evaluate perspective scenarios to Transition to a Sustainable Bioeconomy
- A Framework for Measuring Sustainability Goals.Three dimensions to Sustainability: environmental, social and governance (ESG) and the UN sustainable development goals (SDGs). Methodology for Sustainability Assessment. The sustainability initiatives being employed by some of the world’s most recognizable companies and brands.
- Introduction to Bioeconomy.Forest and bioeconomy: setting the scene. Current Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) indicators in the forest-based sector value chain. Measuring and assessing a forest-based bioeconomy. Environmental Sustainability Indicators for the Bioeconomy. Challenges and Gaps in Sustainability Assessment in Bioeconomy. The economic importance of the circular bioeconomy, the important driving factors.
- Transition to a Sustainable Bioeconomy.A Macroeconomic Perspective on Green Growth. Future pathways to Bioeconomy Transition for developed and developing countries. Opportunities and risks for Russia. Sustainability-Driven New Business Models in Wood Construction Towards 2030.
- Iris Lewandowski. (2017). Bioeconomy : Shaping the Transition to a Sustainable, Biobased Economy (Vol. 1st ed. 2018). Springer.
- Walter Leal Filho, Diana Mihaela Pociovălișteanu, Paulo Roberto Borges de Brito, & Ismar Borges de Lima. (2018). Towards a Sustainable Bioeconomy: Principles, Challenges and Perspectives. Springer.
- Jörundsdottir, H. O., Kristófersson, D. M., Björnsdóttir, B., Djurhuus, R., Erbs-Maibing, S., Gunnarsdóttir, R., Hoydal, K., Hreggviðsson, G. O., Ingvarsson, G. B., Jacobsen, B., Jessen, A., Johannessen, B., Kristinsson, H. G., Laksá Unn, Magnúsdóttir, L., Smáradóttir, S. E., Smárason, B., Solberg, S. Ø., Stefánsdóttir, E. K., & Þórðarson, G. (2014). Future Opportunities for Bioeconomy in the West Nordic Countries. Nordic Council of Ministers.