Scientific Seminar of the Local Administration Department
Research Seminar of the Department of Local Government
prof. SG Kordonsky, prof. YM Plyusnin, prof. ES Shomina, prof. AV Bogoviz
The purpose of Research Seminar - preparing the research projects on the subject areas of their specialization, in particular on municipal management and expert analytical support of public administration.
Graduate students are trained under the guidance of a teacher, to participate in the development of research projects based on previous work in the workshop. This section of the program is the last part of the 2-year-long research vessel, it stands to improve the skills of the students organizing and conducting independent research work, especially in the field of empirical research, and public speaking skills and presentation in preparation for the Master's degree.
The working forms of the seminar:
- The development of the methodology of field research,
- Taking part in the field study, and self organizing and conducting it,
- Processing and analysis of the results of such research,
- Field seminars on the analysis and development of the material collected,
- "Brainstorming" technology "growing" of scientific texts, their presentations,
- Design forms of work, culminating in the preparation and defense of a thesis.
The result of the implementation of the program of Research Seminar: the production of the competence of research, design and analysis, as well as providing methodological support the preparation of students of Master's theses and a set of supporting materials to the Master’s degree.