International English Examinations Practice
- - to give a detailed overview of all four parts of IELTS Academic;
- - to provide students with the language, grammar and test-taking strategies required for the IELTS exam;
- - to improve all four language skills, speaking, listening, reading and writing, as required for the IELTS examination.
- Listening - understand academic and professional discourse; - identify the main ideas and distinguish relevant supporting details of a formal or academic passage;
- Reading - understand a variety of different academic text types; - use different reading strategies and focus on target material in all types of reading passages;
- Speaking - demonstrate enhanced speaking in different task formats; - formulate, express and defend opinions using appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structures.
- Writing - produce different types of IELTS written tasks; - demonstrate enhanced vocabulary and grammatical structures;
- Topic 1: Urban and Rural Life
- Topic 2: Health
- Topic 3: Art
- Topic 4: Finance and Business
- Topic 5: History
- Written assessmentWritten assessment is conducted in the form of an IELTS written exam and includes various types of graph descriptions and essays.
- Oral assessmentOral assessment is conducted in the form of an IELTS Speaking exam and includes all three parts of it.
- Independent workIndependent work includes activities that students do at home, in the classroom and online
- Final assessment
- 2023/2024 3rd module0.3 * Final assessment + 0.2 * Oral assessment + 0.25 * Independent work + 0.25 * Written assessment
- Mindset for IELTS : student's book 3: an official Cambridge IELTS course, , 2018
- Achieve IELTS. English for international education : student's book: intermediate - upper intermediate, Harrison, L., 2005
- Cambridge grammar for IELTS : grammar reference and practice, Hopkins, D., 2012
- Cambridge grammar for IELTS : grammar reference and practice, Hopkins, D., 2013
- Cambridge vocabulary for IELTS advanced with answers : self-study vocabulary practice, Cullen, P., 2012