The HSE Board of Trustees was created in order to help the university achieve a world-recognized level of research, education and project work and to become one of the leading research universities in the world in the fields of sociology, economics, humanities, computer science and mathematics. In many countries, support from alumni, corporate partners, private foundations and sponsors allow universities to achieve more than they could just with limited public resources. Extra support enables these universities to achieve great results, contributing to strong economic growth in their countries and regions.
Partnership between HSE and trustees
Investment in the development of HSE contributes to the development of human capital and the strengthening of Russia's position globally.
The Board of trustees is intended to create a basis for partnership between the university and prominent representatives of the business community.
The partnership is focused on building mechanisms for the long-term financing of projects intended for the university’s development with due consideration of the partners’ interests.
Individual partnership programmes:
- a set of projects important for the university’s development that also meets the interests of the trustee;
- annual engagement of the trustee that includes the financing of ongoing projects and/or the development of a sustainable financing scheme for the project through an endowment fund;
- participation of the trustee in the implementation of selected projects and the mechanism of control over the targeted use of funds;
- other forms of participation of the trustee in the university's life: meetings with students, participation in ceremonies, etc.
- provide financial support for the university’s development projects;
- promote the initiatives of the university in Russia and the rest of the world;
- participate in the assessment of the university's development and in making strategic decisions.
- implements a strategy for improving the university’s international competitiveness;
- organizes the participation of trustees in the university’s development in an agreed format;
- provides trustees with the opportunity to control the use of funds;
- takes into account individual interests of trustees and offers them an appropriate appreciation programme.
Members of the Board of Trustees
Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of the Executive Board, Sberbank, Chairman of the HSE Board of Trustees
President, Skolkovo Foundation, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Renova Group
CEO, Yandex Group
President - Chairman of the Board, VTB
Principal shareholder, Uralsib
Chairman of the Board of Directors, SIBUR Holding, Chairman of the Management Board, Member of the Board of Directors, NOVATEK
Managing Director of Gazprom
Founder, Onexim Group
Chairman of the board of FC Otrkytie bank
Principles of cooperation between the university and trustees
The systematic approach and excellent reputation
of the highly professional team of HSE managers guarantees to meet targets on spending and the most effective use of trustee funds.
Individual partnership programmes
that meet the interests of the trustee, a convenient interface for interacting with the university.
based on trust and mutual interests of both the university and the trustee.
The development of sustainable funding models
of development projects through HSE endowment.
Transparency and feedback:
financial and informative reports on the spending of the donated funds are available upon the request of the trustee.
The financial statements of the university undergo an annual audit according to Russian and international standards.
Executive Secretary of the Board of Trustees