How to Apply
10 steps to apply for GSU HSE Master’s programme Advanced Urban Design*.
* Only for International Admissions. For applicants from Russian Federation please go to Russian version of the web site.
- Study the requirements for the portfolio attentively: Portfolio_AUD
- Prepare the required documents.
- Fill in HSE’s online application form and upload the prepared documents. All documents must include your last name in the filename (e.g. Smith_Diploma.pdf). (till July 15 2018)
- Get the results of your portfolio review (up to 15 business days). If its quality and content is to the criteria of the program, you will receive an invitation to the interview (in English, via Skype).
- After the interview you will receive information whether you are recommended to be enrolled for the program.
- Apply for HSE Foreign Diploma Recognition. Get information on International student support and visa application from HSE International Admission Office.
- Find your name in the final list of applicants accepted for the programme on August 21, 2018.
- Sign a contract with the HSE and pay the tuition fee for the first semester (till August 28, 2018).
- Be enrolled on August 31, 2018.
- Start your classes on October 1, 2018.
To prepare for the interview you can use these articles:
- Louis Wirth, "Urbanism as a Way of Life", 1938.
- Rem Koolhaas, "The Generic City", 1994 (published in the book S, M, L, XL, 1995).
- Paola Vigano, "The Metropolis of the Twenty First Century", Oase #80, 2009.
- Pier Vittorio Aureli, Martino Tattara, "Production/reproduction: Housing Beyond the Family", Harvard Design Magazine #41, 2015.
- Official diploma or certificate
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Resume / CV
- Completed application form
Portfolio items and grades criteria
Application portfolios are evaluated on a 100-point scale. All applicants whose portfolios are accepted for evaluation are required to have an interview, which can be arranged via videoconferencing in Skype.
- Interview – 0-30 points
- Letter of Motivation – 0-20 points
- Thesis, essay or other research paper / final graduation project – 0-30 points
- Additional materials – 0-15 points
- Additional diplomas, certificates etc. – 0-5 points
If you have any questions or doubts with regards to the application process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.