How to Apply (for international applicants):
1. Create a Profile
On HSE’s online application form, click “Get login and password”. You will be asked to enter your personal details (full name, date of birth, gender, email address, and mobile phone number) and what type of programme you are applying to.
Your login and password will then be sent to the email address that you have provided.
2. Log In
Once you have received the email containing your login and password, you can return to the online application form and log in.
3. Complete Application Form and Minimum Admission Requirements/Portfolio
After logging in, you will immediately see the application form. Please fill out the form. There are several attachments that you should be ready to upload:
- Scan of the first page of your passport - required
- Scan of your diplomas and academic transcripts (if you have not yet received your Bachelor’s diploma, please include an official copy of your most recent academic transcript) - required
- Letter of motivation (describing your reasons for applying in the context of your long-term career goals and background, professional plans for the futureб one or two pages of printed text A4) - required
- Resume/CV (including information about your education, professional, and research experience, as well as language proficiency and other skills) - required
- Exam results confirming language proficiency - required for those whose native tongue is not English and they did not complete undergraduate program in an English speaking country
- 2 Letters of recommendation (written recommendations from teachers or supervisor)
- GRE test scores are highly advisable
Please upload all attachments as PDF files and include your last name in the filename (for example, Smith_Diploma.pdf)
Under “Field of study”, please select the two programmes that you wish to apply to. Your first choice and second choice programmes must be different. To select a programme, click on the box so that it turns green and the list collapses. Several programmes offer full tuition scholarships. If the “Tuition-free (quota) education” box is already checked, it means that if you apply to this programme you will automatically be considered for a full-tuition scholarship. If you would consider studying at HSE without the support of a full-tuition scholarship, please check the “Tuition-based” box. If the “Tuition-free (quota) education” box is not checked, this means that full-tuition scholarships are not available for this programme.
When you have fully completed the application form, click “Submit application” at the bottom of the form. Please note that this action is final and cannot be reversed, so make sure that you have correctly entered all of your information. After you have submitted your application, you will see the following message: “Congratulations! Your application has been successfully submitted and is currently pending review.”
After your application has been submitted, you may be contacted by a programme manager about setting up an interview. In rare cases, applicants may be exempt from interviews; if you do not receive an interview request, this does not mean that your application has been rejected. We know that it’s difficult to wait, but please do not write to us to inquire as to whether and when you will be receiving an interview invitation.