- The course «Enterprise Architecture» is aimed on acquiring the basic level of knowledge about the Enterprise Architecture subject, including: • The understanding of EA as a key area of enterprise engineering that provides: o The coherence of business operations to mission and goals of one’s company, o The actuality of current state of an enterprise, transparency of its business-processes, o Controlled transformation of its’ business asserts, o Increase of business performance using information technologies (IT). • The basics of business-process modelling, creating organization charts, information and technology architectures • The basics in enterprise engineering: main models and methodologies of enterprise building. • The service orientation during EA building, as well as technological opportunities for Big Data handling as a source of sustainable competitive advantage (CA).
- • Know theoretical foundations of modern enterprise governance, goal-setting and business process management
- Practical cases The Walt Disney Company – Enterprise Architecture Overview
- Practical cases - CAPGEMINI – DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- Practical cases - Cirque du Soleil
- Introduction to EASystem analysis, general system theory, definitions and objectives of considerations. Properties of EA, system approach to EA development, principle definitions. Business architecture, definition and features. BSC – balanced score card basics and its reflection in EA. Strategic governance. EventCausality effects in EA under scope of BSC. Organisational structure of EA and basic models. Information and technology architecture basics.
- Introduction to Service orientation in Enterprise Engineering (SOA, SoEA)Technological infrastructure for Big Data handling in EA Cloud computing opportunities for EA Flexible (agile) business and information architectures (SoEA)
- Introduction to EA structuring and modellingBusiness architecture (inc. business process modelling, IBM Component business model). Information architecture, Technology architecture and integration between the layers model. Enterprise transformations (waterfall and agile), EAP. Introduction to enterprise engineering (EE). EA methodologies: PRISM, ARIS Framework, Zachmann Framework , FEAF, DODAF and TOGAF. Introduction to Service orientation in Enterprise Engineering (SOA, SoEA).
- Introduction to enterprise engineering (EE)Enterprise transformations (waterfall and agile), EAP EA methodologies: PRISM, ARIS Framework, Zachmann Framework , FEAF, DODAF and TOGAF
- Interim assessment (1 module)0.7 * essays and presentations + 0.3 * writing testimony
- Aiko Kageyama, & Masanobu Kosuga. (2017). Corporate Strategy and Business Process Innovation in Japanese Company: A Case of Panasonic Corporation. World Scientific Book Chapters, 93. https://doi.org/10.1142/9789813209848_0006
- Camargo, M., Dumas, M., & González-Rojas, O. (2019). Automated Discovery of Business Process Simulation Models from Event Logs. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsarx&AN=edsarx.1910.05404
- Checking Business Process Evolution. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scico.2018.09.007
- Comparative analysis of enterprise architecture frameworks. (2019). Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.1217FD3D
- Discovering high-level BPMN process models from event data. (2019). Business Process Management Journal, 25(5), 995–1019. https://doi.org/10.1108/bpmj-02-2018-0051
- Formal Model of Business Processes Integrated with Business Rules. (2019). Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.28229DC
- McDowall, J. D. (2019). Complex Enterprise Architecture : A New Adaptive Systems Approach. [Berkeley, California]: Apress. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=2024284
- Lankhorst, M. (2017). Enterprise Architecture at Work : Modelling, Communication and Analysis (Vol. Fourth edition). Berlin, Germany: Springer. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&site=eds-live&db=edsebk&AN=1403033