For 2020’s First-year Students
Dear first-year students,Below you will find a list of important steps, which you will need to complete by the end of August and in September to settle various organizational issues, so that your studies run smoothly and you can focus on learning.
1. Move into a Dormitory (if you are a non-Moscow resident/international student)
When: by August 31
For International Students
Places in HSE University dormitories are distributed to international students through their Personal Accounts.
Access to the ‘Dormitory’ section in your Personal Account will be made available after filling in the ‘Consent for Studies’ section and completing recognition procedure (but no earlier than August 17, 2020).
Upon your arrival for studies, a place in one of the HSE University dormitories will be reserved for you.
You must download an accommodation referral for dormitory residence from your Personal Account, print it out and bring it to the dormitory.
When moving into a dormitory, make sure you have the following documents:
- passport (document confirming your identity);
- copy of your passport (first page)—if your passport contains information on the place of residence, make a copy of that page two (both pages should be copied onto ONE page;
- a document (in Russian or English), confirming negative test results for COVID-19. The test should be done with the use of a polymerase chain reaction method (PCR method) no earlier than three calendar days before arrival in Russia;
- a copy of a vaccination certificate (as per Form No. 156/у-93), or a certificate listing all inoculations (including one against measles);
- a medical insurance policy purchased online prior to arrival.
Should you have any questions, please send a message to: email@example.com.
2. Learn about visa and registration
Visa and registration - for international students (PDF, 907 Kb)
HSE Visa and Registration Center Contacts
Adress:Moscow, 11 Pokrovsky Boulevard, Building D, D005/D006
Tel.:8 (495) 531-00-63
Homepage on HSE University portal: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Receive a Student ID Card
Student ID cards will be issued:
A photograph must be provided by 4 of September.
- Size 3x4 cm;
- Matte photo;
- must be signed on the back (Name and Master's Program).
You have to bring the photo to the room 305 (2/8 Khitrovsky Lane, Building 5).
Read the Library Use Policy here:https://library.hse.ru/documents.
Fill in the online registration form on the Library website at:https://library.hse.ru.
To get registered, you need a student ID card number and an HSE University corporate e-mail address.
Upon getting a library membership, every user isassigned a bar code for their personal identification, which can be used as a library card.
5. Receive a Moscow Social Card (for public transport discounts)
A social card can be obtained from a local office of the Moscow Multifunctional Centre (‘My Documents’).
Step 1: Check to see if your data has been included on the Moscow Social Register’s website: check the register of students/residents/doctoral students.
Step 2: Complete registration on the www.mos.ru portal and submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card through your personal account. Applications are usually processed within 30 calendar days. You can check the status of your application through your personal account or by visiting here.
International students may submit an application for the issue of a Moscow social card in person at one of the My Documents centers (regardless of their place of residence or place of study).
Step 3: Pick up your Moscow social card from the My Documents centre that you selected when making an application for it.
Important: if your personal data is not found in the Register, you must contact the manager of your Programme Office as soon as possible.
6. Obtain a MIR Card from VTB Bank (only for international students who are entitled to scholarships)
In partnership with Branch N. 7701 of VTB Bank, HSE University’s accountants oversee the issue of scholarship debit cards (note: these are not social cards) with free banking services and with a special HSE University design (our mascot, the Crow).
You must send to email@example.com:
- a photo/scan of a completed and signed application;
- a photo/scan of a notarized translation of your passport;
- a photo/scan of your temporary registration.
In the subject line of your e-mail, please state the following: «Issue of MIR scholarship card from HSE University, Year 1, 2020». A response will be sent with further instructions.
Students will be notified about the place, date and time for their card’s issue via their HSE University e-mail accounts.
HSE University Accounting Contacts
(with respect to scholarships and other payments to undergrads and graduate students, as well as the issue of MIR bank cards)
Аdress: Office К-422 (3a Krivokolenny Pereulok, Moscow,)
Office hours:Mon-Fri, 9.30 am-6 pm (with a break at 1pm-2pm)
Tel.: 8-495-772-95-90 add. 115-76; 114-15; 113-20
Homepage on HSE University portal: https://www.hse.ru/org/hse/aup/ubu/scholarships
7. Apply for a Certificate of Attendance (if necessary)
A certificate, confirming that you have been admitted to HSE University under the degree programme, shall be issued within five working days after an application is submitted.
How to apply for a certificate: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfLt6xRohBnFI66HkGZrQTIt-EQlKo-4JZXzQkX2_LB5sBFvg/viewform
When:after the issue of admission directive
Academic Handbook covers all matters related to studying at HSE University.