An interview with Carlos Nieto from Spain
Carlos is the 1-st year student of “Cognitive science and technologies” master's program
1. I liked the overall structure. With the different subjects we study cognitive science from many points what allow us to see all its parts. While other similar programs are very focused in one are like perception, mood,... 2. The international environment is very rich and friendly, both among students and researchers, and all the facilities and research tools available give us a lot of opportunities to develop our skills 3. Here I can learn new things and how to use new tools by the hand of skilled researchers and among a big variety of topics. This is incredible valuable to develop as a researcher and prepare for a future PhD.
1. What was your motivation to choose the master’s programme 'Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition'?
-Initially, the structure of the course appealed to me. The wide range of subjects available at HSE stood out as similar programs are very focused on one aspect of cognitive science. The 'Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition' master’s program encourages a multidisciplinary vision within cognitive science which was vital for my selection. In addition, this master’s program doesn’t just concentrate on theory but also technical aspects such as mathematics and programming which are crucial during research work.
2. What do you appreciate the most about this master’s program?
- The international environment is very rich and friendly, both among students and researchers. In addition, the research facilities available give an opportunity to develop practical skills.
3. How do you think this masters program will help you accomplish your future goals?
The master’s program at HSE fosters a learning environment under working academics. Every day I learn something new, be it a new theoretical concept or a technical method of research. This program is a stepping stone toward my Ph.D. and my development as a researcher.